• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Misidentified alleged rape victim attacked by Internet trolls.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
An Ohio University sophomore has deactivated her social media accounts and is afraid to leave her house after she was falsely identified as the woman who reported she’d been raped in an incident captured on cell phone video by a passerby.

Ohio University student attacked by Internet trolls after she’s misidentified as alleged rape victim in online video | The Raw Story
A blurry video of this alleged rape was posted online then this student was misidentified as the victim. Now she's afraid to show her face because of the trolls calling her a liar when she had nothing to do with it.

I think its disgusting some people can make up their minds about a situation without knowing any of the facts of it then start going after them online. I suspect JohnRambo wouldn't know what hard evidence was if it reached up and bit him on the butt. Not that its any of his business to begin with. I think it would be funny if someone found out who he was and posted all his information on the internet like he did her.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
There has been a recent influx of false rape stories lately and these fringe groups that function more like bullies rather than rights groups are like rabid dogs. As soon as a news outlet identifies these people, they attack.

I won't lie, I've read plenty these past few years that makes me sick and kind of scared as a guy out there. Not nearly as scared as a woman I'm sure but crying rape has become a thing it seems these days which is terrible because it hides the real victims and doesn't allow them the proper care and attention. This story got a lot of coverage recently:

Feminist threatens to rape herself, gets caught

Either way, it's also how the internet witch-hunt tends to go, with tiny shreds of vague information and people like this end up hurt. It's not unlike rape accusations against men because even if you're proven innocent, the label never seems to go away (much like female rape victims who are never able to escape the event itself since we tend to let it define them).

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
As the mother of a son and against false accusations like this, I get really angry at women that falsely accuse a man of rape. Personally I think if someone does this they deserve to have charges brought against them. Those types and people like this Meg make it hard on men and other women, they hurt everyone.

I think this man JohnRambo should be held responsible for his false accusations too and harassing this woman causing others to do the same.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
As the mother of a son and against false accusations like this, I get really angry at women that falsely accuse a man of rape. Personally I think if someone does this they deserve to have charges brought against them. Those types and people like this Meg make it hard on men and other women, they hurt everyone.
Most certainly. I think it's almost as bad as rape itself since you are in essence, raping their reputation. Like I said earlier, it also makes it so much harder for the real victims to come forward, especially since we still do not have a society that fully understands how a rape can break someone down.

I think this man JohnRambo should be held responsible for his false accusations too and harassing this woman causing others to do the same.
I think so too. People underestimate how much a PR campaign can really destroy someone even to the point of suicide. Not all of us want to or are able to just pick up our lives and move away to start anew.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I've seen the video in question. It was all over 4chan for a while and I guarantee this is where the allegations came from. If you read the threads they took the name of the supposed victim, got ahold of the video, and began trolling her Facebook because she cried rape after the video came out. I'm assuming the girl they went after had the same name of the alleged rape victim.

For future reference: in the video the "victim" was smiling at the camera while the actions were going on. That is why the idiots at 4chan decided to find the girl and "troll" her.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
She was smiling and she's claiming it was a rape. I can't blame people for being upset about that but they shouldn't of went after an innocent girl. Now that they know the truth I hope they leave her alone.

So far I don't think any charges have been filed against him and I doubt there will be.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
This is really shameful, for all the reasons already mentioned. I can't imagine going through what this poor girl is going through with not being able to show her face anywhere. She didn't do anything to deserve this treatment.

Mostly I agree with the statement that it's nobody's business anyway. Why feel the need to even troll the person who did cry rape? Were you there? Do you know the people involved? Or are you just that imature and such a big bully that you felt like you had to get a word in, and get everyone else to get a word in as well? Get a life!

Doc

V.I.P.
She didn't do anything to deserve this treatment.
She cried rape when there was no rape. She tried to ruin several young men's lives in order to save face for herself. She deserved at least some negative repercussions. She wouldn't have been able to "show her face in public" anyway because the fact that she's faking the claim needs to be public knowledge.

Edit: I was referring to the original girl in the video, BTW. The girl that had nothing to do with it has no reason to hide her face in public as she's done nothing wrong and there's plenty of evidence for her.

Last edited:

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
She cried rape when there was no rape. She tried to ruin several young men's lives in order to save face for herself. She deserved at least some negative repercussions. She wouldn't have been able to "show her face in public" anyway because the fact that she's faking the claim needs to be public knowledge.

Edit: I was referring to the original girl in the video, BTW. The girl that had nothing to do with it has no reason to hide her face in public as she's done nothing wrong and there's plenty of evidence for her.
I agree with you Steve. I was referring to the girl that was falsely accused though. Whether she has something to hide her face over or not, she feels like she does, and that's not fair at all.

Doc

V.I.P.
Whether she has something to hide her face over or not, she feels like she does, and that's not fair at all.
I don't think she should feel like she has to hide her face so we might have to disagree here. I think that since she was determined not to be the girl in the video that she should have nothing to fear. Most people won't even know this about her.