Misanthropy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Corona, Feb 1, 2008.

?

Are you misanthropic?

1. Yes, humanity is pathetic.

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. No, people are good and inspiring.

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. Corona

Corona Registered Member

Misanthropy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Discuss.

Also, vote or die.

And I purposely left out the middle option, because people who take the middle option contribute nothing to this discussion.

My opinion: If you really look close enough, almost all people are the same. Which is to say that almost all people are weak, pathetic, and ignorant. Sometimes I just can't stand the company of my fellow human beings.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2008

2. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I tend to look at the achievements of human kind. I think there is a lot of good to be found in people. The liberal arts is one of the main reason's I did not select yes.

3. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

I tend to like people |:

4. Corona

Corona Registered Member

Inciteful. What are the liberal arts though Swift? What is art? A lot of the artists I have met are just as pathetic, but they are adept at using their art as an expression for their weakness.

5. Hanzo_Hattori

Hanzo_Hattori For the Horde!

I made more points for myself to be more of a canine that human(more that 30 points)

So i should vote yes right?! :/,

6. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I take great pleasure looking at art. Or anything Human's create. Human creativity is mankind's greatest accomplishment. It make's us unique and is one of the most positive aspects I find in our species.

Art, Literature, Plays, Music..etc. Hell even playing a good video.

Do not get me wrong I am a bit of a pessimistic person. I am not a religious person either I do not get awe from sitting in a church.

I think our species also can be incredibly destructive to say the least.

Although IMO the good outweighs the bad.

ExpectantlyIronic likes this.
  7. ChristineES

ChristineES Registered Member

I usually like people, but there are exceptions.

8. scitsofreaky

scitsofreaky Registered Member

At work the assistant manager and I have a joke that I'm going to start a country called "Misanthropia." Working retail and other jobs where I have to deal with people has made me despise people in general. They are ignorant and don't even care because they are lazy. Guess what I voted ;)

9. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Nothing has happened in my life that would make me misanthropic. I'm sure I won't have such a positive outlook as the years go by. I say the only misanthropic part of me is not giving my trust away like free balloons. I may even be a little bit suspicious. Then again, nobody should give their trust so easily.

10. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

I'm nothing if not an egalitarian, and I like myself, so I suppose I'm pretty fond of humanity in general.