Xbox Brand Mirror's Edge

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Twitch, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

There was a thread about this game about a year ago, but it's closed.

Has anyone played this? I got in on a whim when I happened to have enough money, it was one of the first few days it came out.

I would give it a 4/10. Maybe 5.

There is way too much running from stuff in the game. I thought there'd also be some free-form running around the city when you finish, but there isn't.

You are constantly running from Police, Some kind of Special Forces.. It just gets ridiculous. I just wanted to jump around some buildings.

The only free running you get to do is after the tutorial, she asks you if you are ready. If you say no, you get to run around the training area, which is very small.

Opinions? Thoughts?

2. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I would personally give it at least an 8/10. I loved it. I thought the concept was fun, and I liked that you were always running from something. It wasn't too easy or too difficult. I have a terrible time with the time trials though. I personally don't really care to run around freely, so I guess that doesn't bother me, but I can see where people would like to do that.

3. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

I find that it would have been so much more fun if you had like a huge sandbox map to run around on, and the ability to turn on or off the enemies. This wouldn't be in the campaign, obviously.

4. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Is it Free Running, or is it Parkour? I'd say the latter myself.
    ------
    I was expecting this game to better than it is, it had potential. Unfortunately, too much emphasis was placed upon the running, and the melee suffered for it. It's fine when you're against standard police, and I personally think it could have been pulled off right, but once you start to go up against the SOGs, your odds of survival go right out the window because they have all the SMGs and body armour, while you just have your hands and feet, which makes it rather difficult to get past them all when they group up.

The time trials could have been made multiplayer, with each player in direct competition with each other to get the fastest time. But as it is, you're just on your own trying to beat someone's time on a scoreboard.

Finally, the game doesn't give you any real reason to keep playing after you complete it, making it only worth a rental.

Not really fond of scoring systems because I think you can gather what the reviewer thought of the game by what he wrote, but on a scale of 1 - 10 (10 being undisputed best game ever, 5 being average, and 1 being undisputed worst game ever), I'd give it a 6. It brought something new to the table and is actually pretty fun, but the lack of replayability, direct multiplayer and the presentation of melee lets it down.

5. Prophet_Of_Rage

Prophet_Of_Rage Registered Member

I loved Mirrors edge, fun and original, 9/10 from me, only fault is that its to short, great graphics,story and its a nice challenge, one of the best games I played this gen.