• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Minneapolis defunding and disbanding Police Dept

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
It’s going to get more and more ugly. Civil War is exactly where we are headed. It’s a sad state of affairs.

dDave

V.I.P.
The sheriff of the area has already stated that he doesn't want to help and believes if they put themselves in harms way by disbanding the police department that's their problem. Anoka Co. Sheriff has 'no appetite' to help Minneapolis if it abolishes police department

It would be so sad to see another civil war that was ultimately fought over race issues. As if enough people didn't die last time. I don't know anyone that wants a civil war but many elected Democrats seem intent on fostering an environment where one will happen.

The way I see it, it's going to destabilize the entire system in areas where there are no police. Gangs will take over as well as various other violent groups. Rule of law will disappear. Eventually, military will have to move in to stabilize the situation, and it's war from there.

Taking away the police will lead to countless deaths and unspeakable violence.

The media truly are the enemy of a free people. Can't believe how many people are buying into these lies.

Shwa

V.I.P.
I may not be in the complete loop due to lots of work and such, but the last I heard was that the Police Department in Minneapolis was being de-funded only, not disbanded.

I'm not the most politically savy person out there, but even I know that would lead to nothing but bad juju all around to have untrained and unqualified individuals try to police their own communities. Restructuring the police department would be a great step all around, but disbanding them? I'm surprised Forbes ran an article as such, this will cause chaos for sure.

~Shwa

dDave

V.I.P.
I may not be in the complete loop due to lots of work and such, but the last I heard was that the Police Department in Minneapolis was being de-funded only, not disbanded.

I'm not the most politically savy person out there, but even I know that would lead to nothing but bad juju all around to have untrained and unqualified individuals try to police their own communities. Restructuring the police department would be a great step all around, but disbanding them? I'm surprised Forbes ran an article as such, this will cause chaos for sure.

~Shwa
It's not just Forbes. It was also MSNBC, CNN, Fox, etc. I just posted the one from Forbes.

This isn't sensationalist nonsense from the media, so far as I can tell. It appears to be true.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
The sheriff of the area has already stated that he doesn't want to help and believes if they put themselves in harms way by disbanding the police department that's their problem. Anoka Co. Sheriff has 'no appetite' to help Minneapolis if it abolishes police department

It would be so sad to see another civil war that was ultimately fought over race issues. As if enough people didn't die last time. I don't know anyone that wants a civil war but many elected Democrats seem intent on fostering an environment where one will happen.

The way I see it, it's going to destabilize the entire system in areas where there are no police. Gangs will take over as well as various other violent groups. Rule of law will disappear. Eventually, military will have to move in to stabilize the situation, and it's war from there.

Taking away the police will lead to countless deaths and unspeakable violence.

The media truly are the enemy of a free people. Can't believe how many people are buying into these lies.
This is exactly the outcome I see. All of the good people leave and an entire city gets taken over by thugs. So the military has to come in and figure out who are the bad guys. Exactly like Iraq.
Just as unwinnable.
I can't even comprehend everything that's happened in the last 4 months.

dDave

V.I.P.
This is exactly the outcome I see. All of the good people leave and an entire city gets taken over by thugs. So the military has to come in and figure out who are the bad guys. Exactly like Iraq.
Just as unwinnable.
I can't even comprehend everything that's happened in the last 4 months.
It's been very hard to process

The thing that kills me is that the dems and media are mostly blaming Trump for all the unrest. I keep asking people for examples of his racism and I get vague answers that specify nothing, probably because it's a lie. The dude has issues but is not a racist based on the evidence available to the public.

The people who are actually to blame for all the violence and unrest? The people pushing a radical agenda that will destroy the country?

ANTIFA
Black Lives Matter (they're an extremist/radical organization for sure)
The Democratic Party
The Media
Rioters/Looters
COVID-19 lockdown supporters (a lot of people have been cooped up at home for too long, some of these people are out and causing trouble because of this)

If I lived in Minneapolis then I'd be out of there and far away within 36 hours. It's going to go down in flames.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mirage Politics & Law 4