Minn. teen charged with offering his vote on eBay

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Nightsurfer, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

I came across while reading a local paper on line. and I thought you all might get a kick out of this.

Hopefully he can get a judge that can take a joke.

I'm surprised that someone didn't do this back in the eBay crazy auction days.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008

2. viLky

viLky ykLiv

LMAO - even regular folk don't want to waste their money on a vote.

Pretty funny this was the first time somebody joked about selling their vote on eBay?

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

5 years for this? Wow. So much for disgression.

I love how they tried to guilt him with the whole veteran thing.

4. Tainted_Glory

Tainted_Glory Not a Scientologist

People has died 4 yur cuntry!!111 plz do not sell yur vote, ploks?

5. The_Burger_King

The_Burger_King Registered Member

Thats got to be one of the most retarded things I have heard on both ends of it, the law and the kid.

6. Merc

Not entirely. The law itself is just fine, but targeting and taking this kid seriously is the real idiotic part of the whole thing. Yes buying votes is wrong and should remain a heavily punishable offense, but is it really necessary to subject this kid to prison?

7. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

I think they are going a bit overboard and the judge is itching to make an example out of him.

Funny and sad at the same time. I am so surprised that this didn't happen 4 years ago in the big eBay silly auctions craze.

The kid better get a good lawyer and fight it and keep his butt out of prison.

8. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Come on, he was trying to get his first positive feedback. I think making him spend time with the veterans is the right punishment. If he does go to jail, I'm pretty sure he might be auctioning off his jail cell.

9. Merc

The terrible part is, that if this kid goes to prison, he'll probably return a criminal or mentally crippled. Prisons don't teach people lessons, they break them.

10. KiethBlackLion

KiethBlackLion Registered Member

Ironic, it's against the law for him to sell his vote but yet politicians buy and sell votes all the time.

I agree that prison is a bit harsh in this particular case. He's a young college student and just did an idiotic thing.