Mini Ice Age !?!

Discussion in 'Science & History' started by SmilinSilhouette, Jan 10, 2010.

1. SmilinSilhouette

SmilinSilhouette Registered Member

DAVID ROSE: The mini ice age starts here | Mail Online

Not just another "denier" this time. But once again I'm sure the statists and alarmists will circle the wagons.

From the article:

‘I do not believe in catastrophe theories. Man-made warming is balanced by the natural cycles, and I do not trust the computer models which state that if CO2 reaches a particular level then temperatures and sea levels will rise by a given amount. 'These models cannot be trusted to predict the weather for a week, yet they are running them to give readings for 100 years.’

Dude, stop making sense! or no more funding for you. :lol:

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Colder winters and more snow doesn't mean we are entering an ice age, or even that there isn't global warming.

3. SmilinSilhouette

SmilinSilhouette Registered Member

Ah yes, and warmer summers doesn't mean we are entering a catastrophic
    warming period, or even that there is man made global warming!

4. Major

No, but there are plenty of other signs that would indicate it. You just choose to ignore them. Your choice. You will believe whatever you want to believe and then look for anything that will back up your beliefs.

5. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

its funny 'cause my Geology instructor last semester was very adament about Global Warming being a joke, he said and I quote:

"If we're entering any phase... its a cooling period or ice age. We've been warming for 11,000 years now, the evidence is there and the cycles are obvious."

So I'd be more prone to believe we're getting closer to an ice age than some jungle climate. The guy is a practicing Geologist / Climatologist, I'd be hard pressed to be convinced he was making it up.

6. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I'm more prone to believe we are entering a cooling period as opposed to a warming period also.

I think most people choose to believe what they want to believe and will look for anything to back those beliefs up.

7. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

Its the worst winter in the UK that Ive seen in my lifetime. Climate change or not, it is a good demonstration to how fragile our weather system is and its dependency on the gulf stream..... if it is a mini-ice age that will last even just 10 years then changes must be made and quickly, supplies are low as they stand. The UK is simply not prepared.

There is a recurring irony in all your posts.

8. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

:lol:

Wow.. this has to be one of the most ideological comments ever made. You just contradicted yourself. We've had record snowfall here in Pennsylvania since October. We normally don't get our first snowfall until about now. Miami just had the coldest temperature on record of 35 degrees, there has been record COLD temperatures all over the northern hemisphere, and England just got 6 inches of snow! And you still think the Earth is warming?

As we all know the sun has a lot more to do with "global warming" then does any gas. Right now the sun is at a solar minimum. Meaning it's not active, which means more cold for us. It's like running around the house checking all the windows and doors when it's cold and never checking to see if the furnace is on...

9. Major

Sigh. One of the things that global warming can cause is more extreme weather, such as colder winters or more snow. It would be like me pointing out a 95 degree day this summer and saying it's proof of global warming. Um, no.

10. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Ya but I could count on one hand how many days were above 90 this summer. Our summer was shit here. Ask any farmer how long the growing season lasted. Sure you're always gonna have some warm days, just like you are always going to have freezing days... but in Florida... like Miami?! We've by far had more colder days this year below freezing then we've had days above 90.

Face it "climate change" is just a farce to tax and regulate you and business. Even if "global warming" was happening it wouldn't be a bad thing. It means longer growing seasons, more food, and a better quality of life. Humans are warm animals, not cold.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010