• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Xbox 360 MineCraft Xbox 360 Edition

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
So I have been looking forward to the release of the Xbox 360 edition of MineCraft ever since they announced the realease date, which which is May 9th. I played it on my pc recently and realized that the game overheats my laptop very badly. I enjoyed it for the most part but I realized that I will have to settle for the Xbox edition. It will be version 1.6.6 when it gets released and will be updated regularly until it catches up to the pc version. Now the only problem I have with this game coming out is in it's multiplayer. You can ONLY invite your friends from your friends list to join your server. To me that is a crock of shit. I play Total Miner and we can join other people's servers pretty much at anytime. With that being said, who will be getting it? Also if you do get it, please add me to your friend's list so we can play together. (HardcoreLarry)

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Is it going to be an arcade version, or is it a full on game? Is this like a tower defense game?

I've heard of it, I know it's popular, but that's about all I know about it.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Minecraft will be released as an arcade title starting off where the pc version was officially released with 1.6.6. They are calling it 1.6.6+ because there will be features that will be on it that wasn't in the original 1.6.6 release, but it will eventually be updated to where the pc is at with daily updates. Basically the game is if you can imagine it, you can build it. You mine stuff for material, turn them into blocks and or items and build your creation. During the night enemies will spawn more frequently as well. During the day it's much safer. The first night or two are typically the toughest nights because you have to farm for wood and coal and build a shack or make a hidey hole to survive, but after that, you get sucked in almost immediately. All I can say is your imagination is the limit. Here is a couple of links that can explain this game a little better.

This link is the pc version and they started playing before the official release when it was only $15 I believe. Skim through it and you will see the fun factor that I am talking about. It's our fellow GFers playing it.
http://www.generalforum.com/video-games/minecraft-gfcraft-official-multiplayer-server-84909.html

Just the summary of what the game is about with this link.
Minecraft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I would highly recommend it either on pc or xbox360. On the pc though it will eat through a lot of ram and your pc will overheat if your on a laptop.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I'm going to stick to the PC version. It overheats my laptop a smidge, but nothing that severely inhibits my computing abilities.

Plus, it's only the PC version that we have the GFCraft server. If you bought the game, gen, you should join in! Same with you, Anita. Of all people, you would really like the open-ended aspect of it.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Well, that's the thing. I ran a demo version of MC before I was going to purchase it because I heard a lot of complaints about it running on a laptop. My laptop is only 3 years old and has 2 gigabytes of ram, and it only runs between 10-12 fps. I turned all my background programs off and even defragged my pc to hope to at least get it to 20-30 fps but to no avail. Do you have any tips kspice that could help? I would like to get both versions because I have 2 friends that will be getting it on XBox.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I'll definitely get it for xbox, because its a fun game, and it'll definitely run better on my xbox lol.

Blue, I also have a 3 year old laptop, thereabouts. 1.6ghz, 2gb ram. etc. It runs on my computer decently, but I have vista, not sure what OS you have. When you run the game, try setting all the video settings to low, and run it in windowed mode. Set the render distance to short or tiny. And hopefully that'll help.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
So I downloaded the demo again from pc gamer and tried your setting Smel, and at first it ran alright, but 10 minutes later it just started dragging. I won't be purchasing on PC, but I can't wait to start playing around on XBox. At least with that, it won't start bugging out on me or lag, except for online maybe.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nevyrmoore Video Games 2
toocool Video Games 0
Nevyrmoore Bathroom Wall 4
generalblue Video Games 0
Spaniel Video Games 4