PC Games Minecraft! (SUPER fun game)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Chaos, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

So, there's this game. Called Minecraft. And it's awesome. (It's a PC game, not console, btw.) This guy's videos were the first that I saw, and he has a really neat series of vid-tutorials for you to watch which are great if you just started playing the game.

YouTube - minecraft how to survive your first night

Now, it may not look the most awesomest of awesome things, but it is. You may say "The graphics are crap!" but that's the point. The game's still in alpha stage, so it's constantly being added to by an indie developer, so all the money thats generated from buying it goes straight to fund cool new stuff.

Basically, Minecraft is a block-based game which you mine stuff and craft stuff. That pretty much sums it up. But it is so. Much. Fun!!! I mean really, it is srsly addicting. If you can imagine it, you can probably build it. I have a fort with a lookout tower, situated over a range of mineshafts which tunnel through a whole mountain. The game can even generate a world that's estimated to be between FOUR and EIGHT TIMES THE SIZE OF THE EARTH. Which is incredible, man.

You can even play a free version of the game, and even though it sucks ass compared to the alpha, it can still give you an idea of how the game works and runs.

Play it at: Minecraft

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2011

2. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

3. Chaos

I can't watch it here, but I'm going to assume that's the Inception style one?

If it is, it's brilliant. If it's not, FIND THE INCEPTION ONE NAO kthx.

4. Nevyrmoore

I'm not sure what the Inception style one is as I've never watched Inception.

5. Chaos

Neither have I, though I'm told it was really good. *shrugs*

Basically the "Inception style fanfilm" was good with some music and it was good and stuff etc the end. :)dunno: I'll have to take a look later when I have actual YouTube watching capabilities.)

6. Nevyrmoore

While we're in advertising mode, I'll also post this regarding the Halloween update.

[​IMG]

7. Chaos

Seen it. Can't wait for the Hell world. :D

8. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

I got the alpha for Minecraft a while back, my Game History teacher played it for my class. I got it a few days later, and I love just wasting time on it.

The best is when you find a small cave, and you dig a little, and you find this massive tunnel system, and it just keeps getting bigger with more entrances.

Suhweet.

9. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm not gonna lie, it looks pretty bad ass. Simple, yet horribly expansive. One of those games that seems to have endless potential due to its low expect-ability.

How expensive is the Alpha game?

10. Nevyrmoore

Alpha costs €9.95 (£8.69, $13.80), and the full product will cost €20.