millions of monkeys

Discussion in 'The Bathroom Wall' started by Xeilo, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Once upon a time a man appeared in a village and announced to the villagers that he would buy monkeys for $10 each. The villagers, seeing that there were many monkeys around, went out to the forest and started catching them. The man bought thousands at $10 and, as supply started to diminish, the villagers stopped their effort. He next announced that he would now buy monkeys at $20 each. This renewed the efforts of the villagers and they started catching monkeys again. Soon the supply diminished even further and people started going back to their farms. The offer increased to $25 each and the supply of monkeys became so scarce it was an effort to even find a monkey, let alone catch it! The man now announce d that he would buy monkeys at $50 each! However, since he had to go to the city on some business, his assistant would buy on his behalf. In the absence of the man, the assistant told the villagers: ‘Look at all these monkeys in the big cage that the man has already collected. I will sell them to you at $35 and when the man returns from the city, you can sell them to him for $50 each.’ The villagers rounded up all their savings and bought all the monkeys for 700 billion dollars. They never saw the man or his assistant again, only
    lots and lots of monkeys!

Now you have a better understanding of how the
    WALL STREET BAILOUT PLAN WILL WORK !!!!

2. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

haha, i like :D

3. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

I was told there would be no math.

Also, and I hate to be a mood killer, but: epic analogy fail. The story, interesting as it is in and of itself, bears a resemblance only to the average person's rudimentary and incomplete undestanding of the crisis and does no justice to the complexity of the situation as it stands in reality. As there was no pre-existing guarantee of a bailout, to assume that taxpayers were intentionally scammed out of our collective billions and that the majority of the men and women who oversee those funds could fall for such a brazen scheme hook, line and sinker is a bit naive in my view. Yes, greed got us into this mess; there will never be capitalism without it, hello. In the end, though, the money will be used to save our imploding banking system, a wise proposition when the alternatives are considered - and one overlooked benefit of the whole affair with this and the automakers' bailout is that insanely bloated corporate salaries rewarding incompetent service will no longer be the accepted order of the day.

Bananas likes this.
  4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

That's pretty funny. Whether it is a good Wallstreet analogy or not, who cares. It was a pretty funny story about people getting owned. :lol:

5. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

:cool:

That was actually pretty awesome, I definitely like it.

Honestly I was expecting some sort of creative rickroll or something.

6. Xeilo

I don't do that rickroll stuff.

7. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Rick Rolls.... hahaha there are so much more a guy can do!

[​IMG]

8. Xeilo

Still didn't get me lol

icegoat63 likes this.