• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Million Dollar Dog

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Someone in China just paid $1.5 million for some sort of special breed of dog.

An 11-month-old Tibetan mastiff male puppy has gained the title of the world's most expensive dog after being bought for 10 million yuan ($1.5 million), London's Daily Telegraph reported.
Full report here: World's Most Expensive Dog | Picture, Photo: Tibetan Mastiff

This seems a bit ridiculous for me, millions of stray dogs and cats are put down in lost animal shelters world wide each year because of over breeding in the pet industry. This article just proves how far fetched the breeding industry has become. People need to stop being so concerned about the pure breeds and appearance of the high priced 'fancy' dogs and start adopting from animal shelters where good homes are needed most.

EDIT: I also find this somewhat ironic in a country that regularly eats dogs for food. The fancy ones are treated like royalty while the rest are below us and abused then eventually eaten. Much like the bear population of China as well. The famous Panda bears are treated to the finest enclosures and treatment worldwide while thousands of moon bears are being tortured in bear bile factories and being made to "dance" with chains in their noses all across China. This is sickening.

Last edited:

fractal

Eye see what you did ther
The bastard could have given some of it to Japan. Even if it was not from an animal shelter, you could surely get a nice dog for a much lower price.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
The bastard could have given some of it to Japan. Even if it was not from an animal shelter, you could surely get a nice dog for a much lower price.

Exactly, 1.5 million dollars could be doing so much more in this day and age. This just shows how China treats it's 'betters' even in animals. The rich get treated well while the scoundrels are nothing but dirt.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Aw it looks like a lion.

Yes people shouldn't buy dogs because of how they look but that is the world we live in. I don't see that changing any time soon.