Milk drinkers may lose more weight.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Drinking higher amounts of milk or eating other dairy foods may help you win the battle of the bulge, according to new research published online in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.

Adults who ate or drank the highest amount of dairy per day -- about 12 ounces of milk or 580 milligrams of dairy calcium -- at six months lost about 12 pounds at the end of the two-year study. People who got the least amount of calcium from dairy foods -- about 150 milligrams of dairy calcium, or half of a glass of milk per day -- lost 7 pounds after two years. Higher levels of vitamin D in the blood were also linked with successful weight loss, the study showed.

"Our study suggests that both higher dairy calcium intake and increased [blood] vitamin D are related to greater diet-induced weight loss,"

Overweight participants had lower blood levels of vitamin D when the study began, but vitamin D levels increased among those who lost more weight. The higher the blood levels of vitamin D, the greater the weight loss, the study showed.
Milk Drinkers May Lose More Weight - Weight Loss and Weight Management Information Including Popular Diet Plans on MedicineNet.com
Something I didn't know before.

Though I've heard friends say the more milk they drink, the more weight they gain.

Shwa

Gay As Fuck
V.I.P.
Yeah Whole Milk may have more fattening calories and a thicker tastes, but my thought was that Skim/2% and non-fat milk already helped people lose some weight of consumed on a daily basis.

~Shwa

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
The only time I drink milk is if I mix it with chocolate (that is my daily breakfast and sometimes what I drink when I'm hungry but don't want to eat). I don't think this mix will help me lose weight. :lol:

Shwa

Gay As Fuck
V.I.P.
The only time I drink milk is if I mix it with chocolate (that is my daily breakfast and sometimes what I drink when I'm hungry but don't want to eat). I don't think this mix will help me lose weight. :lol:
It may not, but it sounds delicious!!

~Shwa

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
That's a really good idea...I've heard a spoonful of peanut butter is good for fighting hunger as well.

PS - I think you're just fine on the weight part, lmao. :lick: