• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Militia took over Federal Building in Oregon

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I saw that video and it leaves me wondering what did happen.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Not me, I figured this was murder from the beginning, and this video lends credibility to that claim. They weren't shooting in self defense. Now we know why they were protesting Finecum's death all along.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Does it surprise anyone that law enforcement would remove evidence? Certainly doesn't surprise me.

I'm not going to jump to any conclusions ;), but this video doesn't really suggest anything to me other than the FBI lying about the shots that were fired. But suppose that the first shots fired were at the truck barreling towards them at who knows what speed, it's hard to say those shots weren't justified.

And you do have to wonder why Finicum immediately jumped out of the truck, which is always going to be seen as a threatening move by law enforcement (not saying that alone justifies shooting him). But if he really was reaching for a pocket and not a bullet wound, then shooting him at that point was justified, but not before he reached.

In conclusion: who knows. I still don't think either suicide or murder can be ruled out, and the two scenarios aren't even mutually exclusive. I don't trust either side enough anymore to believe we're ever going to get a definitive answer one way or another.

Not me, I figured this was murder from the beginning, and this video lends credibility to that claim. They weren't shooting in self defense. Now we know why they were protesting Finecum's death all along.
"I don't know, I wasn't there. I will say neither the suicide by cop nor the cop committing murder are beyond the realm of possibilities, either scenario is probable."

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Well, you DID jump to conclusions when you said "not sure why they're protesting", which by the way isn't an opinion, it's a declarative statement. And this video sure shows how incorrect you were.

I was going to address this before but let it go, but I'll address this now I guess. Just like everything else, you take everything I say out of context, and then back peddle. Just like you did on that long post, you ignored the context.

I don't post on here much anymore but I've decided not to address anything you post anymore, as it turns into this, going back and forth, taking things out of context, back peddling, it's just a waste of time. I would appreciate it if you would do me a favor and not quote or address any of my posts. I can't stop you of course, but I am asking for that favor.

Thanks.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Just like everything else, you take everything I say out of context, and then back peddle. Just like you did on that long post, you ignored the context.

I don't post on here much anymore but I've decided not to address anything you post anymore, as it turns into this, going back and forth, taking things out of context, back peddling, it's just a waste of time.
Pot, meet kettle.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
If you read that reply I said "I figured it was murder" which IS an opinion and doesn't discount the suicide by cop scenario. Saying "I KNEW it was murder" would be contrary to that quote you posted. In other words I was leaning towards murder, but not enough information to make a declarative statement. So, like I said, things taken out of context, which is why any discussion between you and I is an exercise in futility, thus the impetus of my request.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
If you read that reply I said "I figured it was murder" which IS an opinion and doesn't discount the suicide by cop scenario. Saying "I KNEW it was murder" would be contrary to that quote you posted. In other words I was leaning towards murder, but not enough information to make a declarative statement. So, like I said, things taken out of context, which is why any discussion between you and I is an exercise in futility, thus the impetus of my request.
If you take the full context of my quote that you keep referring to, you will see that I make no such declarative statement.

"Not sure why they're protesting Finicum's death when it's very possible, if not probable, that he committed "suicide by cop." - Major - Jan 30, 2016

At most, one could say I am leaning towards suicide by cop in that statement, yet also clearly not ruling out any other possibilities. Just because I am rhetorically asking why they're protesting does not mean I'm ruling out the scenario over which they are protesting!

The point I was making, whether you see it or not, was that it's probably a little premature to protest over anything when there is little known at the time and there are plausible scenarios that cannot yet be ruled out that are counter to the protesters' claims.

If you still feel differently about the intended meaning of my statement, then so be it.

As for your request, click on my name and you will find an ignore button.