• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Militia plans to guard border

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The citizen militia operation, called “Secure Our Border – Laredo,” is urging members to voluntarily guard private property near the border town along the Rio Grande, where some residents have felt threatened by drug cartels and other gangs.

Militia plans to guard border by aiming guns at immigrants, start revolution if cops show up
I really hate to see militia members start taking it upon themselves to guard the border. This is what happens though when your government continually doesn't do something about securing the border.

Thoughts?

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Obama will fly to Texas and discuss the issue but Governor Perry refused to meet him at the airport. He said he wants a solution. Obama was going to Texas to raise political campaign funds for Democrats.
Obama to meet Texas governor, a critic in U.S. border crisis | Reuters

Govenor Perry is NOT happy and nobody else is either. Obama needs to do something or there will be a lot of violence.

dDave

V.I.P.
There is going to be plenty of violence because of this.

Obama is so comfortable acting alone. Why doesn't he do the right thing and secure the border? Why not send troops down there? It's outrageous that thus hasn't been done. Like 90% of Americans want this.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I read that if they send the national guard to the border they can't carry guns or do anything. That needs to be changed.

They also need to go back and change the law passed in 2008 when Bush was president so they can deport these people from central and south America like they can people from Canada and Mexico.

dDave

V.I.P.
As for the militia groups, they view it as a major thread to sovereignty and national security.

Honestly, whether or not the feds want them to I support this decision. It is their right and their duty to do this when the federal government refuses to do it.

I read that if they send the national guard to the border they can't carry guns or do anything. That needs to be changed
Why can't they carry guns? Yep, that's right, it's because our government is run by morons that can't comprehend even the simplest of scenarios.

The Dems are literally more outraged over the Hobby Lobby case then they are about this crisis at the border which is immeasurably more important.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
As for the militia groups, they view it as a major thread to sovereignty and national security.

Honestly, whether or not the feds want them to I support this decision. It is their right and their duty to do this when the federal government refuses to do it.

Why can't they carry guns? Yep, that's right, it's because our government is run by morons that can't comprehend even the simplest of scenarios.

The Dems are literally more outraged over the Hobby Lobby case then they are about this crisis at the border which is immeasurably more important.
I thought it was all states they weren't allowed to carry guns but that might vary from state to state. That needs to change. Not only do we have thousand of kids from central America to deal with but in 2012 449,000 Mexicans.

Moran added that the National Guard is only of limited use, unless they are “actually” allowed to help border patrol agents enforce the law.

“We’ve had the National Guard before, in Operation Jumpstart, and depending on the state and the sector that we were in, there was different rules of engagement,” Moran explained. “Sometimes agents would have to sit right next to a National Guard member because they were not allowed to be armed; they were not allowed to have any contact with illegal aliens.”

Border Patrol Council Spokesman’s ‘Number One’ Thing America Must Do to Stem the Tide of Illegals | Video | TheBlaze.com
The number of undocumented immigrants detained has steadily declined in the last decade according to figures from the Department of Homeland Security. In 2005, the numbers spiked with nearly 1.3 million arrested. As of 2012, that number was less than half. The decline was likely a result of the 2008 recession.
Mexico, however, represented the largest population of detained immigrants at approximately 449,000 in 2012.

Congressman requests National Guard on southwestern border News -- GOPUSA
We do need the National Guard on the border but only if they can act.

You know it is possible to be outraged about more than one thing Dave.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I was at Sacred Heart Church again just the other day where many of these kids are sleeping in long tents on cots. Some don't even have blankets. This is the Church my mother did her sacraments in and my parents were married in. I also dropped off more items like toothbrushes and toilet paper at Catholic Charities at the Basilica in San Juan Texas. It's a heart breaking situation and I'm sick of this presidents response. Or lack thereof.

These people are in tough situations. As the White House says this is a humanitarian crisis. And what does our president do? Well, he played pool in Colorado the other day, came to Texas and just basically blamed everybody else.

First off this is on him. Not only was there a change in the law in 2008 passed by Congressional Democrats this is also because of his Executive Order in 2012 granting this amnesty and the inability to deport anyone from Guatamala, Honduras or El Salvador. I stopped blaming other people for my screw ups when I was about 10 years old. It's time this idiot for a president man up and take responsibility for his own screw ups.

This is what I would do. I would tour these facilities. You can't completely understand the situation without seeing it. Being briefed isn't the same as seeing it for yourself. Next I would sit down with a pen and a legal pad and speak to local leaders, to mayors, to police chiefs, to Border Patrol sector chiefs, to people at Catholic Charities, to completely assess the problem and provide temporary solutions. I wouldn't lecture anybody as this assclown is prone to do, I would listen to everybody's suggestions and weed out what is practical and what is not. Next I would demand Mexico enforce their southern border and make them pull their weight in dealing with this or I would enact economic sanctions on them and without the millions we give them in aid. Next I would send the National Guard to the border to stop the drug runners that are dropping these kids off to distract the job of Border Patrol. These are the things a pragmatic person does. This idiot isn't pragmatic though, he thinks he can just give a speech and everything will be ok.

Real quick Constitutional lesson, yesterday he complained about Congress being slow and sending the Guard is just a temporary solution. Um, yeah, that's the point Einstein. Anything passed by Congress is SUPPOSED to take a long time. It's set up that way. Everything is supposed to be debated and voted on and go through the proper channels in the hopes it is well thought out. As the President you have powers that can provide temporary relief while all that is being done however. That's the whole point of Articles I and II. It's not rocket science, especially for a Constitutional law "professor".

In the history of mankind I don't think there has ever been a human being who has held a job or position that is more incompetent than Obama is at being president. He's not only the worst president ever, he's the worst at his job than anyone else has ever been at his in history.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
They need to change that law so they can deport them just like they would someone from Canada or Mexico. Its stupid to have a law like that. This amnesty law is being used.

I wish congress had been slower about passing the patriot act. They might have actually read it and voted against it.

I agree Obama's time would have been better spent on touring at least a couple of these places holding these illegal immigrants. He should talk to some of the people that have to deal with them directly instead of going to Colorado and talking to Rick Perry because Perry decided he wants a photo opt because he plans to run for president.

Yes Obama is a bad president and it seems we have been plagued with them. Hope the next one is better but I doubt it. They will either be far right or far left I'm afraid.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Actually Perry didn't want a photo op. Obama didn't go to Colorado to talk to Perry, Perry is in Texas. Perry initially refused to talk to Obama because Obama wasn't coming down here. Obama requested Perry meet him at the airport. Why would Perry want a photo op with Obama? Even Democrats running for reelection don't want Obama around, why would a Republican?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know he didn't go to Colorado to talk to Perry but he went to Colorado also when he should have been on the border seeing what things are really like.

I wonder why Perry changed his mind since originally he was so against it. I'm wondering if it wasn't for the photo op even if he doesn't like Obama. It still puts him in the news and later he can say he did try to reason with the president on immigration or something like that. It will be a hot topic for the next election and can win or lose a candidate votes.