• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Military Time or Standard?

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
So you actually say One hundred one when you read 101 and never One O One?
Or one zero one. It's a quirk that I have developed in the last 3 or 4 years, actually. Never used to bother me before.

ATARIGUY

Beermister
How about you guys? Do you understand military time? Do you think it's the most absurd thing ever?
I think military time should stay in the military.

I prefer the 12 hour clock with AM & PM

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Using military time makes more sense, but I still have to count on my fingers when I hear anything past 13 :dork:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I grew up with a 12hr clock then just moved to 24H in the past decade. I think it helps that I have milestone hours like 16h00 is associated with what we call quatre-heures (ironically, it means 4 o'clock when translated, haha) so if I hear 17h, I know it's an hour after 4 instead of counting from 12 hahaha. Also, 20h is the 8pm news. That's my other milestone hour.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
I find the 24 hour clock a lot easier than the 12 hour one. However, more often than not I read the time in "military" time, and say it in standard - this is because most people would find it weird if I said 15:00 instead of 3pm. But whenever I'm calculating the time or just reading it, I think in the 24 hour clock. I also set all my time-pieces to 24 hour.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
I did an experiment and sad everything in military time for a week. Needless to say, alot of people called me a pompous fuckhead, and asked someone else what the time was. So, I stick to the 12Hr clock.

Sigurd

Internet Dig Dug
I'm accustomed to both but out of preference I would rather use the standard 12 hour clock.

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
I've only ever used standard. It's like I get two little days inside every regular day.

faith1806

Registered Member
lol, i know a little about understand military time, and the i think my higher efficiency is in the morning