• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Military Time or Standard?

Shwa

V.I.P.
The 24 hour time clock is the same in military time as it is in the medical professsion, both use the same. But I like standard as well, but with a choice I would have to go with the 24 hour time clock, seems more efficient and coordinated.

~Shwa

Dabs

Registered Member
After reading this thread, I saw a friend who had a Father who was in the military, and she said he always used military time.
When he would call them for breakfast, he would yell "It's Oh 700 hours, time to rise and shine"
She used to get so annoyed~

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I use both and understand both, I mostly use standard time though. Milatary time is pretty big with French people, which is why I understand it very well. But most of my friends are english, so I kind of stopped saying time that way.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I understand military time, but use standard. Also, I don't like when people say O when they are describing the number zero, which seems to happen the most when using military time. O 600 hours, etc. It just grates on my nerves.

Livvy

Registered Member
Military time annoys me. Just say 2pm. oh-14 hundred hours takes way too long to say and I dont like having to count on my fingers to figure out its 2pm

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I understand military time, but use standard. Also, I don't like when people say O when they are describing the number zero, which seems to happen the most when using military time. O 600 hours, etc. It just grates on my nerves.
So you actually say One hundred one when you read 101 and never One O One?

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I understand both and use both, my dad being ex-military used it a lot so I kind of grew up with it. And he would say Oh 600 hours which I never really thought much about.

Being a communications officer in the Navy he taught me Morse Code when I was a kid and we would communicate that way just for shits and giggles, although I don't really remember it now.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I was talking to Danny about this the other day funnily enough. I always say 'half past nine' or 'quarter past five'. I have never used military time. I've never heard anyone use it here.