• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Advice Mild Cerebral Palsy on left side: wrapping hands is a pain in the butt.

Tristan84

Registered Member
OK. Long story short, I have mild cerebral palsy on my left side, meaning it's weaker and doesn't work as well as my right.. I hate having to wrap my hands before I train, but I know I need to, so I don't hear snap crackle and pop in my hands.

I'm willing to bet some of you are going to say to have someone help me wrap, but I don't have a roommate. So, is there anything that can make wrapping my hands easier?

BTW, this is how I learned to wrap my hands.

Impact

V.I.P.
Wrapping your hands is a pain even at the best of times. You could try some MMA style gloves that have a tight fit instead?

Tristan84

Registered Member
I use MMA gloves as well, but since I'm focusing on boxing training, I want to train using the wraps and boxing gloves.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
They have full hand wraps that you just slip on all at once like a glove. The problem is you have to get JUST the right size for your hand, and I know from online products it's hard to tell. You might make some errors before eventually finding the right one.

Some of the smaller ones that slip on don't WORK well, but they have more complicated ones that are a tighter fit and therefore effective. But they do exist. I would ditch the wraps altogether if I were you and find some full hand wraps so you never have to do this ever again. They're mainly for people who transition between striking and Ju-Jitsu without having any time to do all this nonsense. If I were training again and doing grappling too, I'd get some for myself. Just take care to find the right ones.

Tristan84

Registered Member
They have full hand wraps that you just slip on all at once like a glove. The problem is you have to get JUST the right size for your hand, and I know from online products it's hard to tell. You might make some errors before eventually finding the right one.

Some of the smaller ones that slip on don't WORK well, but they have more complicated ones that are a tighter fit and therefore effective. But they do exist. I would ditch the wraps altogether if I were you and find some full hand wraps so you never have to do this ever again. They're mainly for people who transition between striking and Ju-Jitsu without having any time to do all this nonsense. If I were training again and doing grappling too, I'd get some for myself. Just take care to find the right ones.
Thanks for the advice. I don't know where to lok. I was just at the Jamestown Cycle Shop on Thursday. I saw fingerless gloves, but no hand wrap gloves.

Also, I don't like to order online.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Well you CAN find the same thing at in-person MMA shops, but the only ones I know of at least around here are going to charge full retail price for them, whereas online will probably have a wider variety and be a great deal cheaper. But where ever you can find them... they're out there.

I'd stay away from bicycle places as those are SIMILAR but not MMA-designed. It's been while for me too, I forget what exactly to search, but the stuff they have is really specialized. Some of this type of strap, others have that type, some are slip on, some have tight grips, some not as tight. It's really varied out there. Hard to believe you'd get that kind of variety even if you did find and in-person shop.

Tristan84

Registered Member
The Cycle Shop is pretty much our sporting goods store, like how other places have Dick's Sporting Goods. They sell bicycles, yes, but they sell other stuff, like basketballs, footwear, clothes, and sports equipment. Sometimes, it's known as the Jock Shop.