Mike James Unhappy With Demotion

K

Kidd

Mike James chose to sign with Minnesota over Houston and Dallas and isn't happy with his current role.

Not at all," James said after his team's 109-107 victory. "But they were preparing him, and they were seasoning him, Randy (Foye, the rookie who took James' place Sunday). This is what they want for him. They're getting what they want. It's tough at times because I just feel like, if I'm not a fit here, then like they always say, if it ain't one place, it always can be another."

"Mike's a vet," Kevin Garnett said. "He knows how the league works. He knows he has to be professional and stay ready. Just because he's not a starter doesn't necessarily mean we don't need him. It's not about one person around here, it's about what's best for this team. We've all got full faith that he'll do that. He was ready (against Boston). Played good minutes, kept things afloat. Cheering on Randy, so that was a good thing."
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/44674/20070212/mike_james_unhappy_with_demotion/

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I hate Mike James, I don't think that he's that good, and it's very smart of the Timberwolves, to put Foye instead of James, because he's the future not James. Also he's probably mad because he doesn't take 20+ shots a game like last year, because he knows he cannot hog the ball with Kevin Garnett on that team. Good for him, hopefully he'll remain on the bench.

Fresh

Aw, Here It Goes!
Well he should be unhappy I mean he chooses to come to this team with KG and help make a playoff run and he gets benched, I think thats the reason he didnt sign with Dallas or Houston because he knew he would start on those teams but the coach in most cases knows whats best for the team even though their original coach was fired almost mid-season.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think he would get minutes in Houston, anyways I believe that James should of expected this if the team was struggling, because Foye is the future, and he's going to help this team in the next couple of years, and the Timberwolve franchise want to develop him, and the only way to do so is to give him minutes, and in the long and short run its better for the franchise.