• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Migraine Headaches

Dabs

Registered Member
Have many of you suffered from migraines??
I used to get them several times a month, years earlier.....but they are not so bad now.
At one time, the doctor prescribed me Imitrex.
I have heard they can be caused by stress or poor eating habits......and I heard chocolate can cause them, or lack of caffeine (or too much).

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
Have many of you suffered from migraines??
I used to get them several times a month, years earlier.....but they are not so bad now.
At one time, the doctor prescribed me Imitrex.
I have heard they can be caused by stress or poor eating habits......and I heard chocolate can cause them, or lack of caffeine (or too much).
The company I work for do a product that prevents the inbalances rumoured to cause migranes (true story)

Anywho, I get them RARELY I mean like REALLY RARELY but when I do I shake with sickness, I Get feverish, I cant see I cant move and I cant talk.

It's normally stress.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I've never had migraines, but I used to get cluster headaches. I'd get them for about a month at a time - one every day - every 1.5 - 2 years. I haven't had any in 6 years

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I don't get migraines, but I had a big head ache a couple days ago and I was out of asprin and the girl that I am seeing gave me Midol! And I said that I am not taking no period drug. She demanded to take it, so I took it and was better in no time.

Impact

V.I.P.
I used to get migraines all the time, at least one a week. When I felt them coming on, i'd have about half an hour to get home before the light hurt and tunnel and blurred vision set in. The doctor tried out 3 different preventative medications, which had absolutely no effect on me. They just made me really sleepy all the time.

I hardly get them any more though, since I got glasses.

MisterT

Registered Member
I get them however it is in bursts (normally 3 within a two week period)

My signs are blurry vision for about 30mins then nothing for 20 mins and then BAM the suffering :(

Dabs

Registered Member
When I know my headache is about to be a full blown migraine, is when light starts to make things hurt worse.
I need to find a quiet room that is very dark and lie down and try and sleep.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I would get them periodically. They started when I was in jr. high. My mom had just gotten remarried and my parents had been separated when I was 4. It was a huge change for me at the time, and I guess it was the stress of everything changing at once.

I hardly ever get them, but when I feel it turning to the point of migraine, I usually double up on taking both allergy meds and excedrin migraine, and try to sleep it off.

Dabs

Registered Member
Excedrin Migraine is a good product!
Another thing that doesn't help a migraine, is fighting with your 32 year old daughter *ha!*
Hey, I can laugh, it's my daughter.... :rolleyes:

myers

hello, everyone, i have and still do suffer from migraines,since i was a child thats way i'm here to learn new things i can do when i get them, and make new friends,so hello.
steven

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ILuvChuzzles31 Health & Fitness 14
StroShow General Discussion 6
Babe_Ruth Politics & Law 1
StroShow General Discussion 13
ysabel Health & Fitness 12