• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Midnight Launches

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Have you ever been to a midnight launch for something? Whether it be a video game, movie, book or anything else?

I have only been to two in my life so far. I went to the midnight showings of the last two Harry Potter films which was a lot of fun.

I'd like to go to a midnight game launch at one point, but most of the games that get midnight launches here, like COD and GTA are games I'm not interested in.

Xeilo

V.I.P.
I went to the MW2 launch at midnight on the date it came out on. I am not that big into the game, but I wanted the experience of a launch just once at least. These days I don't see myself doing it since digital download is so much easier.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Never done it and never will do it, it's the dumbest thing ever. Why would I want to stand in a line with 200 people for hours when I can do it 10 hours later all by myself with minimal fuss?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
People do it because it's fun Aleks. It's a really fun atmosphere and it's exciting to line up for something with a lot of other fans who are into the same things you are. They also usually play launch games etc at the stores for games. And similar stuff happens for movies and books etc. Like people dressing up in costumes. For us geeks it's a really fun thing to go to.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I haven't yet, but I plan to at some point or another. Most of the time I have to work the next day and am unwilling to lose that much sleep just to stay up for a game that I wouldn't be able to play, because I would need to go to bed immediately.

I have wanted to experience it before though, so it's on my list of things to do.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I want to go to more movie ones. I'm hoping The Avengers sequel will have a midnight launch in my city.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I'm not that into movies, so if I did go to one, it would be a game one.

For movies I like to go during a Sunday matinee, when there's hardly anyone there, and I like to go by myself.

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
I'm kind of ashamed to admit this, but I went to the midnight launch of the 3rd Twilight book. I will always think they're good as books, but eh at best as movies.
Other than that, every year I go with Jeff (my fiancé) to the midnight release of Madden.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I've never been to a midnight launch for anything. None of my friends are into that sort of thing, so I'd have to go alone, and I don't care enough to do that. I did consider going to the midnight launch for Halo 4 just for the hell of it, but then decided it wasn't worth it. I picked the game up the next afternoon without any problems. I'm just never in that big of a rush to get a new game or see a new movie.