• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Middle Earth: Shadow of Modor

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I couldn't see another thread about this game, if there is one please direct me to it.

I know we have a few LOTR fans here, and was wondering if anyone has played this game? I LOVED this game, I couldn't stop playing it. I thought the gameplay was amazing, with great combat, really smart AI and some cool systems I haven't seen before.

Although, I do know a lot of die-hard LOTR fans hate this game since they change the lore so much and since the story doesn't really follow the books at all.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I do everything in my power to avoid anything LOTR related, so it was quite a surprise at just how much I liked this game. I had seen a few people playing it early on and had heard great things about it but still, it wasn't until it went on sale that I picked it up off PSN for $20.

The Nemesis System and the Arkham-like combat were definitely the two biggest reasons I enjoyed it.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
How good were the enemies!?

I loved the way that if I ran away from an enemy, he would remember, and next time I met him he'd be all "Come crawling back hey?". Or if I badly injured one and fought him again, he's say something like "You may have burned me last time but this time I will end you".

It was such a nice personal touch that they remembered everything. And the chess-board like system was amazing. I love how the enemies were never just random, but actual uruks that you see grow and develop into leaders.

Konshentz

Konshentz
And the chess-board like system was amazing. I love how the enemies were never just random, but actual uruks that you see grow and develop into leaders.
Yeah, that was pretty awesome. Watching as some nobody kicked my ass a few times and rose up the ranks, only for me to kill him later on. Gave the battles a little something extra. I wish they'd use that on different games.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Did you play any of the DLC?

After I beat this game I bought the "Lord of the Hunt" campaign. I started playing but got too busy and haven't finished it yet. But I did enjoy what I played of it so far.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I haven't. Luckily, with buying it digitally, I wasn't able to trade it in... so I can still download the DLC and give it a go later. I usually don't get that chance. Left Behind being the biggest one I missed because of my habit of trading games in immediately after beating them once or twice. I may give the DLC a go after I play some of these free PS+ games.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
You can still play Left Behind as they are releasing it as a standalone game... for some reason. Not sure why, maybe it's so people like you who traded it in can still play it, since it's such an important part of the story.

I'm such a hoarder, I never trade in any of my games.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Thankfully they packed it into the Remastered version, so I played it there. But that was what... 6 months later? Haha.

I've gotten really bad since getting a PS4 and XB1. I currently own 0 physical games for the One and 1 for the PS4. I usually buy, beat (sometimes) and then trade in to the next thing. If the games gets decent reviews, you can usually get 35 or so bucks for it and cut the next game in half.

There are definitely times I miss some of those games.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I consider myself a collector of games. Even though my collection is tiny compared to many, I still love it and love being able to look up at my shelf and see all my games lined up. It's because of this that I hardly ever trade any in. I have to REALLY dislike a game to trade it in.

For example, I traded in Unreal Tournament 3 and WET on PS3. Two games that I found horrible haha.

But for now I'm happy with how my collection has grown.