• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Mid-card feuds/storylines

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I thought Charlie Haas was right on the money when he said this...

"There is great talent in WWE, they just don't know how or refuse to write for them all. When the Monday night wars were going on, everyone on the roster had a story line. From Crash Holly to Stone Cold.

Its an easy formula. Look at ROH everyone on the roster has a storyline and is used. Not to be biased, but facts are facts. Every wrestler is unique and brings something to the table, that is what is great about the pro wrestling business."
That brings me to the Goldust/DiBiase storyline...it's something, it's better then nothing. I would love to see better stories for those who are stuck in the middle of the pack. Edge has his stopping things are the stupid angle. We need more...it doesn't have to be that thought out and complicated!

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Here’s what I think, and feel free to crap all over my theory. Back when the Monday Night Wars were raging hot, the WWE had a lot of sexualized and violent story lines. They can’t get away with that shit anymore, since they only cater to snot nosed 6-year-olds. Therefore, all they do is recycle the same ideas over and over and over again. If they’d just get rid of the PG format, they could be a little bit more creative. Another thing is that they’ve cut down on the gold. There were a lot of championship floating around back in the day and that led to more interesting feuds. They just don’t have all those elements anymore.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I totally agree with him, and it's surprising that some of these mid-carders don't have a chance to shine like they once did. The reason I say that is because of the Brand Extension, two reasons why they created the extension is because they wanted to give the main eventers more time off, second because they wanted to give the mid-carders more chance to showcase their stuff.

As you already know, I'm a huge fan of Dustin Runnels/Goldust. I had a feeling that it was Goldust sending the messages, but I didn't know he was going for the Million Dollar Belt. With that said, I'm extremely happy that he attacked Ted DiBiase with that amazing wrestling move. I hope this feud continues, because in all honesty it as a chance to be amazing. I even hope that they have some Pay Per View time. I actually believe it could be the best feud in wrestling right now if they do it right.

Last edited:

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I agree with what Haas had to say, and what Millz said about Goldust being "something." Just look at how exciting Daniel Bryan has been, and his feud with the Miz. I remember clearly times during the Monday Night Wars in which I'd tune in to the WWF more for one or two mid-card storylines or feuds that were so much fun than for seeing Stone Cold do the same thing he did last week to Mr. McMahon.

Bubbles, I respectfully disagree. I think creativity and good storylines do not need to be about television rating or edginess. Just to use the example above, Bryan vs. Miz has been incredible just because it's about a built up history of friction, about good wrestling, and about a title.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
There is no doubt that Haas is right. The Goldust and Ted Dibiase feud is going to be great, even though it is a simple storyline, it makes for good TV, even in a PG environment. They are also utilizing Daniel Bryan or the US Championship so much better, with Bryan as a champion, he can feud with anyone and put over anyone. That is what makes a good US Champion. Unlike The Jiz...sorry Miz, he is getting ready to become a World Champion and had no challengers for the title because the WWE did not want him to look bad by putting somebody over.

I remember during the Monday Night Wars, I was always looking forward to watching all the wrestlers, my favorite moments of Raw when I was a child wasn't any of there main events but it was the midcard events. Like throwing titles in rivers, Val Venis sleeping with Shamrocks sister, those were good stories. WWE needs to get rid of the PG format and become raw again.

Last edited:

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't think it even needs to be something where they'll make it edgier since that's not going to happen anyways with Linda McMahon's campaign going on.

Just need....something haha. Like I said, keep it simple. Putting Vickie with Ziggler...Kaitlyn being involved, etc. Stuff like that. The HHH/Angle/Stephanie deal wasn't always over a title either.