Microsoft's XBOX 360 features

should Microsoft give more attention to it's console?

• YES, i would like some more stuff in there

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO, i don't think they should

• I don't know?

• who cares

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
does Microsoft advertise XBOX 360's features as well as it could? spending less on advertising games that will sell already and more on:
  • it's HD-DVD playbackcapablemachine? can the HD-DVD add-on be found in the game section and/or high definition disk players section?
  • voice/text/video chat functionality? why hasn't a sleek phone "controller", along with other new features made available XBOX Live, allowed users the option of VOIP?
  • the console plays back the media you already own through an attached hard drive,flash drive, mp3 player, digital camera, and/or PC. add in IPTV and it's a one stop entertainment system.
these features, which the XBOX 360 is or will be capable of, already make the 360 an excellent home console. do these add to the console's lifetime and help bring about a more unified home electronics system?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I'll reply, but you'd better stick around.
*shakes fist*

it's HD-DVD playbackcapablemachine? can the HD-DVD add-on be found in the game section and/or high definition disk players section?
I'm not too sure what you're asking here, but they sell a separate HD-DVD player for people who want to play HD-DVDs on their 360. So, you'd have the USB HD-DVD player (it looks very nice, by the way), and the regular game tray for games. I'm assuming both trays would still play DVDs, but I'm not too sure how that works. If so, I'd use the accessory to save the life of the motor in the 360.

voice/text/video chat functionality? why hasn't a sleek phone "controller", along with other new features made available XBOX Live, allowed users the option of VOIP?
It has voice, video, and text chat capabilities through Xbox Live. Why do we need a "phone controller" when we can use any of these accessories, and some in combination? Sure, VoIP would be cool, but is it really that necessary with all of these capabilities?

the console plays back the media you already own through an attached hard drive,flash drive, mp3 player, digital camera, and/or PC. add in IPTV and it's a one stop entertainment system.
You can do this, for free, over any network you have your Xbox hooked up to. All you need is to follow the instructions to use Windows Media Connect, and you'll be all set to stream audio and video from your computer. If you have any of those input methods listed, with the exception of the camera (which has already been covered...), you can play them through your 360. The music even plays while you play games, even online.

MegaMike

Registered Member
All of the next gen consoles have a ton of features besides playing games. The 360 definitely has some cool ones, and they are adding to it all of the time. I'm hoping a web browser is coming soon, then the 360 will have everything the Wii and PS3 has, and then some (feature wise, that is). Steve covered what you asked about pretty well though. It's definitely nice to stream music of my laptop and listen to it in game, while chatting with a friend over xbox live or IMing with windows messenger.