Xbox Brand Microsoft to release 360 Elite edition

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6502421.stm

The long-awaited revamp of the Xbox 360, designed to store and display high definition video, has been launched.
The black Elite console has a 120GB hard drive and will go on sale in the US in April for $479.99 (£255). No details of a UK release were announced.
A larger HDD than the PS3, and still costs less? I can see more problems for Sony now...

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
It is great news for Microsoft, bad news for Sony, but I heard that you cannot transfer data from other Xbox hardrives over to the 360. With that being said, I still want one.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
I can see that being a problem for people who want to buy the new drive separately, but thankfully that won't be a problem for me, as I have yet to buy a second 7th generation console.

I want to know what Sony are going to do to combat this. They've said that you will be able to use external drives, but I haven't seen any news on that...

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Sony is in trouble until they lower the price or finally release a game that warrants buying a PS3. Their exclusive games are disappearing and the future is looking even more bleak. To me, Sony needs to do something and do it quick.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Sony Has problems and they fail to admit they do. The EGM article spelled everything out with the featured article invterview the President and CEO of Sony America.

L

Lee 337

Ye i Wont be buying this but im sure iw ill be getting that 120gb HDD, im sure i will pack that full of Hi-def movies and videos.

J

JudgeJam

I can't wait to get the Elite! I don't have a normal 360, so I'm just gonna get the Elite!

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Too bad the PS3 is going to die off very soon unless someone makes a good game for it that doesn't lose exclusitivity.

D

Detritus

I would almost bet money that this holiday season the Premium 360 drops b at least $50, the Elite becomes $400 and the Core gets phased out entirely. That's how Microsoft is going to try to put the nails in Sony's coffin, and compete a little more with the Wii at the same time.