• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Microsoft Acquires Winternals and Sysinternals

Thermal

Registered Member
Microsoft recently acquired wininternals and sysinternals. If you are unfamiliar with these two sites, they offer a slew of free and commercial software that are invaluable to windows administrators. With the fate of these free utilities in uncertainty, it may be a good time to start looking into downloading them.

The quickest way I’ve found is to use wget (windows version), and right click and save this file to where you want to store these utilities. Now open up the command line, and change directories to where you saved the file and type:

PHP:
wget -i utilities.txt
You may need to copy wget to a folder in your system path (i.e. c:\windows\system32, or the current directory), or add its location to the path folder.

Afterwards, you should have every freely available application sysinternals offers.

Last edited:

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I saw this recently on some different tech sites I frequent. It's great news for Windows in general because the great minds behind these useful utilities will now be creating utilities that potentially will be packaged with future versions of Windows. :)