Microchip Fright...

Earth

Registered Member
My first thread.

I was watching TV the other day, stroking my cairn terrier (-Dog-), his name's Bertie ! When I came across a pointy bit that lay on the upper bit of his leg. I was curious when this issue was brought up. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with his microchip slipping further down his body.

If you know anything about this, then please let me know ! Thanks.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
The microchip that is in my Rat Terrier is only about the size of a grain of rice.

I couldnt imagine it being all that bigger from other companies that do it either. And no, we've had her for 2 years now and it hasnt budged what so ever. Same thing with my fiances other animals, she's been microchipping them for years and none of them have ever slipped from between the shoulder blades.

Earth

Registered Member
The microchip that is in my Rat Terrier is only about the size of a grain of rice.

I couldnt imagine it being all that bigger from other companies that do it either. And no, we've had her for 2 years now and it hasnt budged what so ever. Same thing with my fiances other animals, she's been microchipping them for years and none of them have ever slipped from between the shoulder blades.
Interesting...
Like I said I'm not definately sure that is was a micro.
A grain of rice? That's small! My dogs is about the size of half a nail, about 10 stacked up upon eachother.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Interesting...
Like I said I'm not definately sure that is was a micro.
A grain of rice? That's small! My dogs is about the size of half a nail, about 10 stacked up upon eachother.
Jeeze! A nail? I cant say I've ever heard of one that big. Like I said we've been microchipping the animals for years now and its always been with this one:

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
was it hard or squishy? was it under his fur, or did it stick out of his skin?

take him to the vet, especially if you notice it changing.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I would make an appointment with the vet, then. They can biopsy it and tell you whether it's something to worry about and if it is, they can remove it.