Movies Mickey Rourke to play villian in Iron Man 2

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Babe_Ruth, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

from varitey.com

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet, but I think Rourke would do a good Crimson Dynamo character. I am also happy that Rourke is finally get good roles, making The Wrestler will help him for the rest of his career.

Thoughts?

2. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

so he's going the play a Zangief variation...i think he could pull it off...the hardest part would be getting the accent down.

3. Ryuk

Ryuk Registered Member

Ok there seems to be back and forth on who Mickey is playing, either Crimson Dynamo or Whiplash. I'd go with Dynamo, a more significant Iron Man villian.

In addition:

Scarlet Johansson is signed to play Black Widow, that happened on Friday.

As far as I knew Sam Rockwell was already signed to play Justin Hammer, for those not familiar he's one of Tony's industrial rivals (much like how Obidiah was in the comic, yet somehow I liked the "Friend/Partner to Howard and Tony" angle in the movie better.)

4. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

5. Italiano

Italiano Film Elitist

I'm not exactly that excited for this movie to begin with. I wasn't that impressed with the first Iron Man and I definitely wasn't blown away.

It was average. Nothing special. Mickey Rourke isn't going to make the film any better. I doubt this is even going to top the first one.

6. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime