Mick Foley signs with TNA

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Millz, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

This is a huge pickup for TNA. They should get rid of Don West and have him announce. Or wrestle, that works too.

source: www.pwtorch.com

TNA and Mick Foley have come to an agreement. He will able to debut in TNA as soon he is contractually permitted to. His current contract with [COLOR=red! important][COLOR=red! important]WWE[/COLOR][/COLOR] expires by September 1.

Spike [COLOR=red! important][COLOR=red! important]TV[/COLOR][/COLOR] helped TNA in landing the deal with Foley, and he may have a subsidized contract. Foley could end up being involved in other projects with Spike TV.

WWE dropped Foley from [COLOR=red! important][COLOR=red! important]television[/COLOR][/COLOR] a few weeks ago after they found he was unhappy with his status in the company and likely not renewing his contract.

There was a lot of buzz among the [COLOR=red! important][COLOR=red! important]wrestlers[/COLOR][/COLOR] in the locker room this past, but TNA officials are keeping quiet on the situation. Although, they were hopeful that TNA President Dixie Carter would get a deal done with Foley.

2. padd

padd Registered Member

aww crap. WWE let go of a great announcer & person.

3. Millz

Mick apparently didnt like being yelled at in his ear by McMahon during telecasts. Im just happy Mick is going to remain on TV...no matter where it is.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Wow this is surprising news. I know he was having issues with the WWE, but I didn't think he would leave and sign with TNA. This is defenitely a huge pick up for Total Non-Stop Action.

5. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Foley as Mike Tenay's TNA broadcast partner?

He'll be back.

6. Millz

That's what I want but there was talk he might wrestle a little bit as well. We shall see.

7. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Yes, we will - and knowing Mick, he'll be putting his body on the line (as much as his wife will allow, anyway) in order to give the fans what they want. He's already indicated that he thinks he can make a difference for the company. Sitting in the booth full-time is probably not what he was picturing when he said that.

Still, I don't see TNA on very solid ground going forward and I'll bet that he'll be back with WWE (though not as an announcer; he didn't take kindly to Vince yelling in his ear) before too many years go by.

Meanwhile, we have Tazz on SD! to balance good ol' grumpy-ass J.R., so I'm good.

Millz likes this.
  8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Should be interesting to see how many times Mick Foley will wrestle. I think that if does decide to wrestle then that's going to benefit TNA even more. Especially if he does his crazy hardcore moves like he did in the past for the WWE.

9. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Brother Foley Cage!

It just looks strange Foley leaving WWE and going to TNA. With all his years in WWE and all that's he done... it just doesn't feel right.

I wish him the best nonetheless.

10. padd

padd Registered Member

Foley's been on 4 of the top pro wrestling franchises of the past 25 years anyways.. dating back to his stints with WCW, ECW, WWE now TNA. I don't find it that strange he goes.