• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Mick Foley Says He Doesn't Plan To Re-Sign With TNA

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
411mania.com: Wrestling - [VIDEO] Mick Foley Says He Doesn't Plan To Re-Sign With TNA

The videos are fairly long and I didn't listen to them, but I do agree with Mick when he says TNA is a lot like WCW. I think if you paid close attention to WCW then you'd realize TNA would eventually turn out that way when Bischoff and Hogan became part of the promotion. I know a lot of things can change in eight to nine months, but I do believe that Foley is fed up with TNA.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Foley hasn't been used, I'm not surprised he's going to want to head out of TNA. I wonder if Vince will be interested in using him or if it's more of a retirement route. I'll watch the videos when I have time!

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Not surprised to hear this...I hope Foley sticks around in the wrestling business in some fashion though.

Hopefully this means if he quits TNA that he can be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame, haha

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I do hope that he comes back to the WWE and retires with the company where he actually made his name and gave him what he worked so hard for and that's the World Title. I know Mick and Vince weren't in good terms at the end of his tenure and it's one of the biggest reasons why he went to the "rival" company, but I think they can patch things up and work out a contract that would be ideal for both sides.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think they have patched it up already. They mentioned Foley's book on WWE RAW and they even had a piece on it on WWE.com.

This was a couple months ago and he was contracted by TNA still. They haven't done that for any other wrestler. In fact, if they were in the alumni section of the site they are removed immediately when they go to TNA. I think they'll be alright. Foley was angry about the way he was treated as an announcer...I'm sure he's over it now.

That's Vince being Vince.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I do hope that he comes back to the WWE and retires with the company where he actually made his name and gave him what he worked so hard for and that's the World Title. I know Mick and Vince weren't in good terms at the end of his tenure and it's one of the biggest reasons why he went to the "rival" company, but I think they can patch things up and work out a contract that would be ideal for both sides.
I think that Mick and the WWE has been in talks for a while. Remember when the WWE plugged his new book a few months ago. I really hope that he does come back to the WWE in some compacity and have a great retirement match at WM or Summerslam.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Good for him to leave TNA whenever he can. He has been underused IMMENSELY over the past few months and it is good to see him leave TNA momentarily.

Also, he doesn't need a retirement match to prove his worthiness to the new WWE fans. Just give him the GM role... since the E has NO idea who it will be.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Also, he doesn't need a retirement match to prove his worthiness to the new WWE fans. Just give him the GM role... since the E has NO idea who it will be.

Good point, I would love to see him as a heel GM that would be epic!

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I'd love to even see him a face GM... just to see him in the E would be great. Even a HOF induction would do for me.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think it's pretty safe to say that Mick Foley will eventually get inducted in the Hall of Fame. He was one of the biggest superstars in the WWE during the Attitude Era. He brought tons of fans at the arenas and left them speechless. He wasn't an incredible talent, but he could sure put on a show and cut a great promo.