Mick Foley Makes His Major Announcement

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

411mania.com: Wrestling - Mick Foley Makes His Major Announcement

What are your thoughts on a movie based on Mick Foley's life? Do you believe it could be entertaining? The thing I'm wondering though, is how much WWE stuff will be able to use, if any since he's with TNA now.

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

heh, I think for the most part it will be entertaining. But I dont think it will be the greatest thing sense sliced bread thats for sure.

I would hope it would run along the same lines as Mickey Rourkes "The Wrestler". Because that has to be one of the best movies I've seen in terms of an actual wrestling career.

Problem is, I just dont think Mick Foley has had that exciting of a career to begin with. Sure he's been in it for almost 2 decades... but come on... what is there to really highlight? Cactus Jack and WCW? Mr. Socko (because we all know dirty socks make for fantastic finishers :sick:)... I dunno, without embelishments I dont think it will be an amazing movie... but then again I believe there is room for me to be surprised if a film takes the time to really show alot of detail about what he went through behind closed doors and cameras.

3. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I would definitely be interested in seeing a movie based on his life. He was always one of my favorites during the attitude era and always made me laugh as the commissioner. I'd hope the WWE would allow him to use whatever he wants. but they are greedy pricks and probably won't.

4. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

I'd love to see it...his life story, and his interpretation and telling of it, was excellent in his first book (the only one I have, surprisingly). It would make for a great flick!

5. generalblue

generalblue Where is my Queen?

I think it should be a good insprirational movie for "us". For everybody else that don't watch wrestling or has never heard of Mick Foley will more than likely not watch it. I think that it will be a box office flop, and it is a horrible idea. I'll watch it when it goes to dvd, which should go straight to dvd for $5. I'll buy it.

6. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Honestly, I've always been a huge Mick Foley fan and is something that I'd watch.

I thought it was interesting to hear the WWE mention his name, a couple of times, on Monday Night RAW last night.

7. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I'm with Kons, do you think WWE will allow him to use any footage? It would be a pretty boring life story if you're not allowed to use any footage that made you a popular name. Him just talking about his experiences while not showing any footage would probably put me to sleep.

After he went to TNA it makes me think WWE will refuse allowing him to use any footage. Who knows, though, Vince seems like a very forgiving person that wouldn't mind making a few more dollars. $.$

8. Bubbles

Bubbles I ♥ Haters

I feel this kinda rings true. As much as I love Mick Foley, I don't really see this movie going anywhere. Personally, I d love to see it since Mick is one of my favorite wrestlers ever.

9. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Yeah, I'm the biggest Foley fan but can't wrap my head around a "major" biopic on his life. What makes it an amazing story? I can think of a whole lot of people I'd sink my money into first. I hope it's good, but let me just say this: his stand-up act wasn't.

Oh, and by the way: who in the mucus-green hell is Union Square Media?? That don't have no Paramount Pictures ring to it, to me.