• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Michele Bachmann Drops Out of Presidential Race

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Rep. Michele Bachmann will “suspend her campaign,” a senior campaign official told ABC News today, hours after placing last in the Iowa caucuses and vowing to continue in South Carolina.

Bachmann cancelled plans to travel to South Carolina this morning and scheduled an impromptu news conference for later today.
Bachmann staked her candidacy on Iowa, the state in which she was born and raised. In September, campaign manager Keith Nahigian called Iowa a “must win” state.

Bachmann placed sixth out of the six candidates competing here in Tuesday’s first-in-the-nation caucuses, receiving only 5 percent of the vote and losing in Waterloo, the town where she was born.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/01/bachmann-drops-out-of-presidential-race/

Not really surprised about this since she finished last yesterday in voting. She hasn't really endorsed anyone, I wonder if she will?

Do you think she now runs for Senate?

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Her concession speech was fantastic. I really like Bachmann even if I'm not sure that I could vote for her. I doubt she runs for Senate. She will probably lobby for more responsibility inside the House. Would love to see her replace Boehner.

Iris

rainbow 11!
oh GOD. I fucking HATE her. So thank god for this. I hope she doesn't run for anything, she is a horrible woman. I'm surprised she lasted that long, to be honest. I didn't expect much from her.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Might as well keep post this in this thread.

Rick Perry surprises staff, stays in race - Jonathan Martin - POLITICO.com

Rick Perry decided to stay in the race afterall. I'm surprise, but he has the money to stay in. Maybe he's banking on Santorum taking a chunk out of the Gingrich support down there.
I was glad to see Perry stay. He's the type of candidate that can catch a fire and come from behind. He's just extremely likable. I was bummed this morning when I heard he was out.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
It was a given that there would be some casualties after Iowa, and Bachmann is the first, and rightfully so. Some of her views were completely out of left field and would not work in today's society. The economy is the #1 issue and she would cite her experience as a tax evasion processor for the IRS? No. That just doesn't cut it for the Presidency.

Regardless, the first casualty is there, and I expect Perry or Gingrich (or both) to drop after South Carolina. As of now, it is a three horse race between Romney, Santorum, and Paul.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
It was a given that there would be some casualties after Iowa, and Bachmann is the first, and rightfully so. Some of her views were completely out of left field and would not work in today's society. The economy is the #1 issue and she would cite her experience as a tax evasion processor for the IRS? No. That just doesn't cut it for the Presidency.

Regardless, the first casualty is there, and I expect Perry or Gingrich (or both) to drop after South Carolina. As of now, it is a three horse race between Romney, Santorum, and Paul.
I was listening to the Rush update this morning and Gingrich seems to now have a personal vendetta against Romney. Rush used the analogy of a stock car racer that has decided to crash his car into another even though it will destroy both of the cars. There are a lot of people like me that just won't vote for Gingrich and think he's an ass but at the same time love to hear him take on opponents and respect his argument.

Gingrich has really become the wild card. Not because he can win, but because of what he can do.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Might as well keep post this in this thread.

Rick Perry surprises staff, stays in race - Jonathan Martin - POLITICO.com

Rick Perry decided to stay in the race afterall. I'm surprise, but he has the money to stay in. Maybe he's banking on Santorum taking a chunk out of the Gingrich support down there.
Actually I'm not that surprised. Many small businesses in New Hampshire are disenfranchised with the current administration and are seeking something else economically. Of the GOP contenders Perry presents as the most conservative from an economical standpoint.