• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Michael Vick Files For Protection From Creditors, Owes $10M-$50M

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Associated Press - Michael Vick filed for bankruptcy protection while serving time for federal dogfighting charges, saying he owes between $10M and $50M to creditors.

Vick filed Chapter 11 papers in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Newport News on Monday. The seven largest creditors listed in the court papers are owed a total of about $12.8M.
RealGM Football: Wiretap Archives: Michael Vick Files For Protection From Creditors, Owes $10M-$50M

Well it's not looking any better for Michael Vick, he's in huge debt and he just filed for bankrupcy. I bet he's really wishing that he'll be able to play in the NFL after being released from Jail.

Blueyes

Registered Member
Well you know he had to do that to save his assets because he can't play for 2 years at the very least when he gets out and that is if anybody wants them, then the Falcons are suing him to get their 3.5 million? bonus back from him.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I think the Falcons got most of his bonus back.

He won't be a quarterback if he does come back. Most likely, he'd end up as a second running back or WR. No one would ever start him again.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Parcelles would never take Vick. They have way too many issues to be worrying about a quarterback just yet. They have to rebuild the lines and fill the skill positions.

ComicFitz

Registered Member
There might be some teams out there that could use him. Oh I dunno, lets say *cough* Miami *cough*
Oh Blueyes, I don't want to even think about that as a possibility. I hope he never plays again.
BTW, $10 - $50 million, give or take a few bucks, that's a pretty big estimate

viLky

ykLiv
What a life, you start out being at the top of your gain with a bright future ahead of you and lose it all because of the dog fighting scandal. Now, he's in debt and filed for Chapter 11. Yikes! >.<;