• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Michael Jordan's divorce settlement highest in history

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Man.... he claims he is still good friends with his ex wife Juanita and yet it was worth over $150 million for him to get a divorce? Seems like this could or should have been worked out so the divorce could have been avoided.. I had no idea he had to pay anywhere near this much.

It seems the divorce was related to his gambling habits.

Ex-Bull Michael Jordan finally speaks about divorce :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: People

Michael Jordan's Divorce: Numbers Game Being Played? - Sports Biz with Darren Rovell - MSNBC.com

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I don't think she should be entitled to that much money. He made it all on his own.

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
I don't think she should be entitled to that much money. He made it all on his own.
He may have made the money, but who was taking care of his children? His wife was standing beside him and supporting him. Why shouldn't she get that much?

And, Andrew, I agree. The marriage probably should have worked out if they are still friends., and he is willing to pay that much. Sad.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, 150 million is more than her "paycheck" should have been for raising 3 or 4 kids. I mean come on.

I don't see why divorces should be a 50/50 split. Up to a certain level sure, but come on, 150 million? There should be a cap. Too many people abuse the system to make a load of quick cash.

I'm not saying she did that at all, but there are people who will marry somebody just to divorce them later and get half of their money. That's why a lot of celebrities and rich people sign prenuptial agreements before getting married.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
He may have made the money, but who was taking care of his children? His wife was standing beside him and supporting him. Why shouldn't she get that much?

And, Andrew, I agree. The marriage probably should have worked out if they are still friends., and he is willing to pay that much. Sad.
Are you saying that if she wasn't busy raising kids that she would have been making hundreds of millions of dollars herself? Or are you saying saying kids deserves that much of the household income? Either way, I disagree. She was basically handed $150 million just because she was married to the greatest athlete ever.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Are you saying that if she wasn't busy raising kids that she would have been making hundreds of millions of dollars herself
In her defense, there's no way to know that. But that's all the defending she gets.

What kind of system do we live in where he earns 300 million dollars, and she gets to take half of it? She never owned an NBA team, she wasn't (and by far) the greatest athlete in our lives, and she did nothing to contribute to his income. I'll bet it was about the money. She left him because she wanted the money to herself.

neum985

I pwn noobs
Yeah this is just stupid. Ill raise 3 or 4 kids if someone would pay 150 million dollars lol. I mean she does deserve a good amount of money since her husband wasnt home for 1/2 the year. Maybe give her 10 million because MJ is gonna have to pay child support even after the divorce. And thats based out on how much money he has so its not gonna be a small amount. Dont most people with alot of money just hire maids and workers of that nature. Not saying she did but thats just wayyy too much money, but thats how the law is written in most states so its not like a judge has too much say in the case if thats how its written. We just need some updated laws for the times.