Michael Jordan vs. President Obama

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Obama said a while back that he was friends with Michael Jordan from a while back and that MJ had given money to his campaign for senate. Not sure about president but I'm sure he donated to that as well. Anyway that's besides the point though.

He also said that he hoped to have Michael Jordan out to the White House to shoot some hoops in a friendly game once the basketball court was done.

So what do you think? No, I'm not asking who would win. I think that's pretty obvious. I'm more curious if you think Michael Jordan would go easy on him? After all he's the President. But then again, it's not every day you get the chance to whip the President's butt in a game of one on one. :lol:

So what do you think? If it happens do you think it will be a game with actual score and if so do you think MJ will go easy or try to really dominate Obama?

Kind of a random thread but hey it might happen sometime in the next 3.5 years. :lol:

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
If it was me I wouldnt go easy on him and I dont think President would want MJ to go easy on him.

I mean youd wanna make sure it was fun and all and not try and destroy him but dont be stupid and let him win or anything haha

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I'd go easy on him... maybe even let him win then talk about it in the media like "eh he got some lucky shots in and beat me in the end, we'll have to have a rematch later" then just leave it at that.

I believe that'd be some good PR for both sides :hah:

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
If it was me I wouldnt go easy on him and I dont think President would want MJ to go easy on him.

I mean youd wanna make sure it was fun and all and not try and destroy him but dont be stupid and let him win or anything haha
See that's the thing. Obama has talked up his own game a few times in the media. I haven't seen him play so I have no clue if he can still bring it. One thing is for sure, MJ can paint a new logo on the White House bball court with him if he wanted to. :lol:

Personally I think it would be funny to see how big of a spread it would be. Something tells me it would be a game for PR and nothing more though.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well I mean if the President is talking shit then you've gotta put the man in his place! At least for a little while, at least...just to teach him who's boss (in that basketball game, of course)

I think people would tune in to watch that.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
MJ would have to be careful about elbowing him in the face by accident or something. It's one thing to bring it but it's another thing altogether to treat this like an NBA championship. It would need to stay "friendly yet competitive", if only to save face and avoid some injuries.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
He's the best basketball player ever, how could he possibly lose to Obama, he wouldn't go easy on Obama, Obama's no athlete especially when compared to Michael Jordan I mean come on, we're talking about the guy that the team gives the ball because he'll score.

Michael Jordan was triple teamed at times by NBA basketball players I'm sure that he could take Obama in a game of basketball, no questions asked (even if he was going easy :lol:).

Losing to Obama in basketball would ruin his ego forever.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
nah I dont think it'd ruin his ego. I mean when you're michael Jordan I think you can afford to give a "charity" Game every once in a while. Where the people obviously know you could have destroyed the opponent but isntead you played the cool role and let them win but played it off like they beat you legit :hah:

I don;t think it's a matter of what position Obama holds. It's generally a faux pas to trounce someone far less skilled that you in a friendly game. It'd be like if, as a kid, your dad played against you as hard as he could in sports. Or if friends are over, and you, having far more skill at x game, do all you can to win against them.