• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Michael Jackson

Dabs

Registered Member
For all the Michael Jackson fans.....HLN news reported tonight that Will.I.Am..........who was a friend of the late Jackson, has told people that Jackson would not approve of the new album being released.
He said especially one of the songs, one called "Hold My Hand"....is one that Will.I.Am.....says, Jackson did not want released, ever.
He claims he knew Jackson very well...and he is certain Jackson would not want this album to be released...he went on to say that Michael Jackson had to be in total control of everything he put into his music, and for this album to be released, without Jackson, is not going to be "Michael Jackson music."
But then, a source for Michael Inc. says the company is in need of funds, so the release of the album will help the company with finances.
I heard a small portion of the new song...Hold My Hand.....and I liked it :)
So not sure why Will.I.Am.....is having a hissy fit over it......

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Michael Jackson was a perfectionist, and he always made sure that everything he put out was perfect and done his way. I understand where Will I.AM is coming from when he says he would be disappointed with the album. I'm sure if Michael heard the album there's a lot of things he would change since it wasn't done by him.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
If you've ever seen This is it then you'll know how much of a perfectionist he was. I think it's good to have access to his unfinished and unreleased songs as a fan. I don't see much negative really.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I can see what Well.I.Am is saying but no matter what he says, the album is going to get released. I have only heard one track on this album from youtube thanks to Ruth and was a very good song, but you can tell it didn't have the final touches on it from Michael. Well.I.Am can talk up a storm, but I am going to buy this album regardless.

Dabs

Registered Member
Like I said, I only heard a portion of the song "Hold My Hand"...and I enjoyed it.
I honestly can't see why the reason that maybe Jackson really didn't ever want that particular song released, but....my mind got to thinking, maybe he thinks it may have people thinking stupid shit..like maybe he's talking about small children, and he didn't want to go that route again.

Konshentz

Konshentz
ike maybe he's talking about small children
:lol:

Is this the last full-length Jackson CD that will be released, or does he have more unreleased music just waiting in a vault somewhere?

Dabs

Registered Member
:lol:

Is this the last full-length Jackson CD that will be released, or does he have more unreleased music just waiting in a vault somewhere?

According to the news, this is music he had, but never put onto any CD....songs he had written but placed aside~

*I came back to edit, because I don't think that really answers your question Kons...and I think, all the music they are referring to, is now going to be out on this new CD.
I don't believe there is any more hidden in a vault somewhere.
(now watch, in a month or two, they will come up with more...if that happens, you can call me a liar) *ha*

Last edited:

konboye

Registered Member
Will.I.Am is a dead wrong on this one, when artists die unexpectedly, like they usually do, their unfinished work is what makes them immortal. He is just doing this for publicity I tell you. From Elvis to Hendrix to Tupac, now Michael, their unfinished work has always been released after sometime and you don't hear of some producer coming out to call the work "not good enough". Tupac had loads of unfinished work after his death, most of his albums were mixed, remastered, I mean there was a lot of improvision and even though they weren't "perfect", we still appreciated it. "Hold my Hand" leaked more than a year before MJ died and it was finished, even perfect if you ask me. So I don't see how Will.I.Am. is going to scuttle the release with his selfish statements.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I somewhat disagree with you Konboye, there's a reason why MJ didn't release these songs, maybe he didn't like them, maybe he wasn't ready for them to be released. There's a lot of different possibilities on why he's never put them out.

Everyone involved is mad that Hold my Hand was leaked. When it comes to an establish star, leaked songs are bad when it comes from an up and comer then it's good. I totally understand why people are angry that it was leaked.

Konshentz

Konshentz
From Elvis to Hendrix to Tupac, now Michael, their unfinished work has always been released after sometime and you don't hear of some producer coming out to call the work "not good enough". Tupac had loads of unfinished work after his death, most of his albums were mixed, remastered, I mean there was a lot of improvision and even though they weren't "perfect", we still appreciated it.
Actually, quite a few rappers/producers have spoken negatively about some of the CDs released after Tupac's death. Same with music released after Biggie's death. So, it's not that he's looking for publicity... he's just being honest.