• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Michael Jackson movie?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Would any of you watch a Michael Jackson movie that talks about his life? From his childhood to when he passed away. Just to see what he had to go through from an early age and beyond.

I'm not talking about a biography type of movie, just someone that portrays Michael, and the story is told by who was closest to him. Not told by Joe Jackson though, since he would be F.O.S.

Thoughts?

Dabs

Registered Member
Yes I would~
I always prefer real life stories/movies or anything fake, but according to MJ, his childhood was horrific.
We all know it was anything but ordinary.
His talents are obvious, and I enjoyed some of his music....more the later stuff, not so much when he was part of The Jackson 5.
But he talked of his abuse by his Father, and I can relate....so I probably see MJ more of a person who was hurting and had a different way of showing his true self..than say other people..who just right out called him a freak, kwim??

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think it would be a great idea, but I don't know how they'd find somebody to portray him. They'd have to do some serious special effects to pull off the post surgery MJ too since his face changed quite a bit. Either that or make his nose bigger with prosthetics in his early years instead. Regardless, finding an actor to play MJ would be a huge task. There's a reason he was such a popular singer/dancer and it's because nobody else came close to what he could do.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Oh I agree, it would be hard to portray him, but with the technology we have today I think it could be done.

I think whoever they would choose as the lead actor to portray Michael Jackson would have to put in a lot of work. I know I'm throwing this out there, but if it's done right, it could lead to an Oscar.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
On that note, are there any actors today that you think could have a shot at successfully portraying MJ?

With people like Johnny Cash they didn't go for a lookalike and it still worked out, but I wonder if they could get away with an MJ movie without somebody who looked a lot like him (at least after special effects). I think MJ was WAY too well known and it would bug too many people to see him being portrayed by somebody who didn't even look close.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
There's one that pops into my head right away, and then there's someone that I believe would need to put a lot of work to be able to portray The King of Pop. Neither look like MJ though.

The first one is Jamie Foxx, he can sing, he can dance(not as good as MJ) but he can pull it off in my opinion.

The other person that I believe that might be able to pull it off with a lot of work is Terrence Howard. I don't know why that guy pops into my head, but I just have a feeling that he might be able to portray him.

How about you, anyone that pops into your head?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Can Terrence Howard sing?

For some reason I was thinking Jamie Foxx as well. It would be interesting to see what they could do to make him look more like MJ though. I know he'd be up for it though. It would be a great honor and I'm sure he wouldn't turn it down.

I think he'd need a full year to prepare for the role though. He'd have to up his dance skills a ton and work on singing too. Although worst case scenario they can always tweak his voice digitally to make it sound more like MJ's. Nobody that I have ever heard could sing anywhere close to how MJ did.

Dabs

Registered Member
Jamie Foxx could do a younger MJ, with his nose....but I'm like most everyone else, how would they do the transformation Michael did??
But then....somebody kinda made Johnny Depp look like Michael Jackson in Charlie and The Chocolate Factory~

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Actually they could probably transform Jamie Foxx's nose into an MJ nose by using digital effects. I mean theoretically they could use motion capture like Avatar and make him look 100% the same as MJ if they really wanted to. Modern technology has caught up to the point where we could actually do something like that.

A lot of people would have a big problem with that though since it would be like actually watching the real MJ instead an actor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt-XCDjyDNs

16:10 to 17:15

I agree with him about bringing people back from the dead being wrong, but the technology exists to at least do major digital effects to somebody's look to make them look CLOSER to somebody else.

Last edited:

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Personally I wouldn't be interested. It'd just be a long boring lecture to me if I saw a movie like that. I was always more interested in his music more than his life/person.