• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Michael Cole appreciation thread

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sorry for the big bump, but I was wondering what were your thoughts on Cole now? About two months ago he couldn't stand Daniel Bryan and called him a nerd each time he saw him, now he's one of his favorite wrestlers.

For me, I still hate him as an announcer, but I'm very happy that he's tamed himself a bit, he's not shouting all the damn time anymore, and for the most part he's actually calling the matches instead of insulting the wrestlers like he used to do, especially in Divas match.

Thoughts?

BigBob

Registered Member
Eh, I think he's a terrible "Heel" announcer to be honest. I think we can mostly all agree that he wasn't a bad backstage interviewer but again, then he wasn't really a "Heel" or a "Face". I think we were all just spoiled with how great of an Announce Team J.R. and King made that we all hope that everyone lives up to them but it doesn't seem it'll ever happen.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Damn you for bumping this haha

I am no longer a Cole Miner and can't say that I enjoy him anymore. His schtick has worn off and I'm still wondering why he's on two shows right now.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Who is the bastard that bumped this thread? Oh it was Ruth!!! That bastard. DAMN YOU!!!! :p He still sucks, but I can actually watch WWE without my TV on mute now.

Ziggy

Sup?
He is the same kind of Heel as Vickie.

Not charismatic or talented but an incredible heat magnet, people hate Cole so he will remain the Heel commentator until he goes away.

King was always the best Heel commentator.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, Bobby Heenan was a better heel commentator, but that's probably before your time.

Cole does get a lot of heat, but that's basically because he's annoying. Like you said, he gets the same kind of heat as Vicky Guerrero. One thing that I have to admit is that he doesn't jump back and forth as much as he used too, which is good. What I mean by that is before you didn't really know if he was a heel or a face announcer, but now he mostly "cheers" for heels.

BigBob

Registered Member
That's the thing about Cole. It's not that he gets heat because he's a heel, he gets it because he's extremely annoying and makes it hard to watch sometimes.

Side note, I'll take King over Heenan any day.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Side note, I'll take King over Heenan any day.
I believe that's the first time I've ever heard this. The King was good during the Attitude era, but he doesn't even hold Bobby Heenan's jock strap in my opinion. I'm not sure if you're basing your opinion on what you heard from him during his WCW days, but when he worked with Gorilla Moonson there was no one better.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I remember hating Heenan as a kid the same way I hated Lawler as a teen. The King is absoutely horrible right now though. His schtick has worn off and I wish he'd go away. King was a solid heel in the attitude era though. Right now however, I'd say King is worse than Cole. He's the worst of the worst.

Heenan is the best announcer in history...as least the color guy. JR is the best play by play guy. Watching old videos makes me miss Gorilla and Ventura as well...they were awesome together.

BigBob

Registered Member
I mean, don't get me wrong, Heenan was good but I wouldn't trade Attitude Era King and JR for any other announcing team in history.