• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Michael Cole appreciation thread

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I find this thread screamingly funny; I'm such a dinosaur! I clicked on it because I love Michael Cole--that is, the guy who played Pete on the original "Mod Squad".

ok--back to your show...
Think you got the wrong Michael Cole. :lol: Michael Cole from the Mod Squad is so much cooler. And the Michael Cole that we are discussing puts the name of Michael to shame.

Last edited:

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Saw his on Jim Ross' blog today...

Michael Cole: "Most people understand that Michael Cole is changing his on air persona to become more of an antagonist and more caustic. That's simply the creative direction that he's moving and I actually feel that if and when he masters that dynamic that it can add something unique to the TV presentation. Conflict at the announce table is entertaining to me as some of my best days doing PXP were when the King was a villain and Paul Heyman was simply being himself....and I mean that in a positive way. Think of how effective JBL was on commentary and he certainly never positioned himself as a 'good guy.' Point is that controlled conflict helps facilitate most broadcasts as long as the talent and what we are seeing on our TV screen remains the focus and it doesn't become about the broadcasters."
I think Cole has some work to be done but he really ran down the Hart Dynasty on Monday and did it really well. They almost didn't even know what to say in response.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Big word from JR's blog is IF, I don't see it happening. Cole screwed up a few times while The Miz was at the announcing table. Hart Dynasty were awful since they are not good on the microphone and Cole didn't really let them speak. He's not believable and he'll never be a JBL/Heel King type of announcer.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
So I guess it's just me and Millz that likes Michael Cole? I think he's tolerable, and I value the guy for at least trying to improve himself =]

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
One question for the Cole lovers. How can you enjoy watching a Daniel Bryan match when Cole is just bashing him, and being so annoying. You can barely pay attention to the match since he won't shut up. It's complety irratating, I just want to mute the volume during his matches.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I'm kinda neutral to the whole Michael Cole thing even if I do think he's a complete dumbass, but I agree with Babe_Ruth of the Daniel Bryan thing. That pisses me off too. I don't like the way criticizes everything about Bryan, and yet he's the one that can't even handle a simple bitch slap. But what's the deal with that tho? Is it kayfabe or an actual IRL thing?

And Shooting_Palanx, where the hell have you been? You barely post anymore.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Daniel Bryan stuff is kayfabe I'm sure...it's what really started his heel turn. Him and CM Punk were hilarious on NXT this week just ripping apart the entire show. Cole has room for improvement because he's not always believable but he's getting there.

The Bryan stuff is still annoying and that's why its working. Michael Cole and Miz are so hateable because Bryan is so likeable...it works for me.

Kratzenkov16

Registered Member
One question for the Cole lovers. How can you enjoy watching a Daniel Bryan match when Cole is just bashing him, and being so annoying. You can barely pay attention to the match since he won't shut up. It's complety irratating, I just want to mute the volume during his matches.
i actually dont mind that...
it was before that, that i hated...he still doesnt know many moves but as a heel i like him better...

weird