Michael Cole appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Millz, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Okay, this thread might surprise some people if you know me well enough.

I like the current character Michael Cole is portraying. Yes yes he's still very annoying a lot of the time but he seems a lot more confident on the mic and his love for the Miz, while annoying, is getting over. When he gets up to read emails he's boo'ed like CRAZY. I don't know but I don't hate him as much anymore because he's giving us something different. Instead of just loving every single face he's going out of the box and being annoying on purpose. His hatred for Danielson and R-Truth cracks me up...it's different.

I'm probably the only one who thinks this way and that's fine...that's why I made the thread haha.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010

2. Bubbles

Bubbles I ♥ Haters

You know what I find hilarious about Michael Cole? The fact that he's a complete dumbass. I like how he said that being beaten by Daniel Bryan was the "most traumatic thing" that ever happened to him and yet he's been beaten to a pulp by Steve Austin. He's been puked on by Booker T and he's been ass raped by Heidenrich.

But I still think he's doing okay. He's pretty hate-able, so I guess he portrays his character pretty good. I though he was a better commentator with Tazz, tho.

Unity likes this.
  3. generalblue

generalblue Where is my Queen?

Ugh...I can't believe that theres a thread for this piece of crap. This guy reminds me of a skinny short dude, wearing glasses, captain of the chess team trying to fit in with a bunch of jocks. This guy is a piece of crap. I remember watching the Mick Foley Hard Knocks and Cheap Pops and Mick was talking about winning the WWE Title for the first time and he said that he would of rather have JIm Ross calling the match instead of Michael Cole. The thing is he is not the only person that feels that way. His voice is very annoying and the 'character' that he is portraying right now is worse than Johnathan Coachmans. I really wish that JR was in his spot because the voice expressions that he had felt real and JR had alot of passion for the business, versus Michael Cole his expressions feel fake and very bad for TV in my eyes.

4. Millz

Comparing Michael Cole in 1999 to now is completely and utterly ridiculous considering he's nothing like how he was back then.

NXT is going on right now...he just made fun of the entire show. That's the kind of stuff I like seeing from Cole. He's saying what everyone is thinking...at least in regards to NXT.

He's different then every other single announcer in the WWE and that's a positive.

I can't even remember how many times I said Cole and Lawler were terrible together...guess who's fault it is? Jerry Lawler...not Cole. Cole has evolved, Lawler is stagnant.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Cole is annoying, I don't care if he's different and insults guys like Truth and Bryan. He's not believable which makes it worst. I want to throw my remote control to the television every time he goes up to read those emails. His face reactions bother me too, and when he always says "vintage" holy crap stop saying that word. He also screws up a lot of the names of the moves. I wish he would just go away.

Lawler would be more believable in this role, especially when it comes to insulting Daniel Bryan.

6. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

The guy is a cunt pure and simple. He can't even give moves their correct names for one, as Ruth said he overuses the word vintage and one of the biggest annoyances for me is that stupid fucking fake laugh he and Lawler do during so called comedy segments.

7. Millz

The overusage of the word vintage is obviously done on PURPOSE to annoy the fans...that's the brilliance of it. The entire GM thing is getting huge heat.

Like last night...hitting the gong and walking out on NXT Season 3 and saying the show is stupid. Awesome.

8. I agree with you Milz. I like cole now, as a matter of fact, I had hoped he was the mysterious GM. Because he could have a bluetooth device and set off to notify the audience there's an "email", and could also have it set from the laptop too. I really liked him when he was with Tazz, and loved it at Fatal 4 Way, when he it was him, matt striker, and lawler...they were funny.

Go back listen to them in the R-Truth The Miz match, especially when The Miz does his own rap, then when they talk about it.

9. Kratzenkov16

Kratzenkov16 Registered Member

i never liked michael cole myself but i could see how right now hes more tolerable........

albeit still annoying haha

10. kitchendame

kitchendame Registered Member

I find this thread screamingly funny; I'm such a dinosaur! I clicked on it because I love Michael Cole--that is, the guy who played Pete on the original "Mod Squad".

ok--back to your show...