Movies Michael Cera vs Jesse Eisenberg

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by HalfEatenSurprise, Sep 7, 2010.

?

The better actor

1. Jesse Eisenberg

50.0%
  2. Michael Cera

50.0%
  1. HalfEatenSurprise

HalfEatenSurprise Registered Member

Who is the better actor?

They seem to maintain a similar acting style. The nice-shy-boy-growing-up type geezer.

I'm not sure about this - Although, Adventureland is one of my favourite films, but that is not just because of Eisenberg. I still have to see Scott Pilgrim vs The World, so maybe after that it will boost Cera's popularity in this thing. I'm not sure.

Your thoughts.

2. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Michael Cera because I have no idea who the other person is.

3. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I prefer Eisenberg - but that's because I really enjoyed Zombieland and Adventureland (more than anything Cera has done). But I also enjoy Cera's movies, especially Youth in Revolt and Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist.

I'm looking forward to seeing Scott Pilgrim and The Social Network.

4. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

I'm gonna go with Michael Cera, though I think they both do the whole "awkward shy guy" thing about equally well. However, I give the edge to Cera based solely on his role in Arrested Development. I know the "awkward teen-ager" thing had been done before Arrested Development, but I really think you can trace the current popularity in that type of character to Cera's kick-ass performance in Arrested Development.

AnitaKnapp likes this.
  5. Bubbles

Bubbles I ♥ Haters

I like Jesse Eisenberg better, although I have no idea why because they're so similiar. They're the type cast "shy nerd" in almost everything, I think they even kinda look alike too. But I guess Eisenberg does a better job since I loved him in Zombieland, and even though Cursed was a piece of shit, he actually did really well in that too. Michael Cera puts me to sleep, he is way too boring for me.

6. Danno

Danno Registered Member

Eisenberg just looks like a poor mans Michael Cera. I would say that Eisenberg and Cera are step brothers, with Eisenberg's dad been Seth Rogen.

Anyway I voted Michael Cera as I like his movies alot better.

7. SithZombree

SithZombree Registered Member

They are really the same person. He just uses different screen name. Unless, of course, there are two different nerdy ass kids who always play the same parts.

Id have to go with Michael Cera, because he didnt make a move on my ex-gf, Emma Stone.

8. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

This is actually exactly what I was going to post. I can't even add anything to it, this post is so awesome.

9. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

I'm going with Eisenberg strictly because I absolutely hate Michael Cera. In my opinion he's a terrible actor, sure he does the whole shy guy thing pretty well, but that's all I've ever seen him do. Plus, the amount of ass that Cera probably gets because he's filthy rich and does the shy guy thing so well has got to be amazing.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Michael Cera has got to be my least favorite actor ever. He's living proof that you don't have to be a good actor to make millions and millions of dollars acting.

10. HalfEatenSurprise

HalfEatenSurprise Registered Member

I think I'd go with Eisenberg too... I like Cera, but since seeing Youth in Revolt I felt that Cera's attempt to appear a bit tougher and less shy was the entire point of this role, which wasn't bad, but utterly unbelievable, especially since I was aware of other roles played by him.

He and Eisenberg are similar, yet Eisenberg's shy persona seems to erode at key moments in the films he's done. All to his credit. He appears to be a very flexible and talented actor. -- My particular favourite is Adventureland, a film I'd probably place in my top 10 for the noughties decade. He was outstanding in that --

Also, to note. Eisenberg seems to work better with his co-actors, I notice that in the films he's done most other performers have put in memorable and engaging scenes when opposite him. Whereas Cera, well --- I'm hard pressed to remember any with any clarity...