TV Michael C Hall Undergoing Treatment For Cancer

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I read about this a couple of days ago but forgot to make a thread about it. Michael C Hall who is well known for his parts in Dexter and Six Feet Under has been undergoing treatment for Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Dexter's Michael C. Hall Has Cancer - Health, Dexter, Michael C. Hall : People.com

Even some of his fellow Dexter cast members admitted to not knowing about it. He is one classy dude to not make a big thing of it while filming. It's in remission which is probably the best news you could hope for in these circumstances.

He went on to win a Golden Globe for best actor in a drama series. Some felt that this win was based in sympathy for his condition. He was allegedly accused of 'playing the cancer card' by his fellow nominee for the catagory; Michael C. Hall Won Golden Globe for ?Cancer Card? - Rival Bill Paxton was unhappy about the loss, report says - Softpedia

The bottom of the article also draws attention to a New York Times blog announcement that criticised him for his black Skull Cap. This attack on Hall's fashion sense quite clearly came from someone who didn't realise he had been undergoing treatment for Cancer.

All I have to say is that he should have won anyway, he's a great actor. I was also happy to see a Globe go to John Lithgow for best supporting.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't know much about him, but I've seen a few of his shows and I always thought he we a great actor.

I don't know from experience, but it's not easy to deal with cancer and going through all these different treatments. Hopefully he'll make it out okay and he'll continue doing what he does best and that's acting and entertaining his fans.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Aw that's sad news.

I haven't seen Dexter (I have the DVDs though) but Six Feet Under is my favorite tv series and I love him there. He's a fabulous actor and I have no doubt that he won his award because of his talent and not simply because people heard about his medical condition.

I have only seen the first season of Dexter, but I thought Hall did an outstanding job. One of the better performances on a TV show that I've ever seen. That is terrible news that he has problems with cancer, but glad to hear it is in remission.

Bill Paxton is a douche bag. He'll always be the poor man's version of Bill Pullman to me.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
Aw that's sad news.

I haven't seen Dexter (I have the DVDs though) but Six Feet Under is my favorite tv series and I love him there. He's a fabulous actor and I have no doubt that he won his award because of his talent and not simply because people heard about his medical condition.
Watch it seriously, this isn't another High Fidelity situation. You HAVE the DVD's, Watch em fool! :smokin:

Last edited:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
The blood is scaring me! Haha. I'm a coward when it comes to violence especially if involving knives or eye gore. Gives me nightmares. :shifteyes:

Bliss

Sally Twit
Six Feet Under is amazing. He was really good in that. It's the only thing I've ever seen him in but he was definitely one of the best character's.
I hope he gets through it.