• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Michael Brown Memorial Burns Down

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Several weeks after the turbulence that followed the August 9 shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo., a new round of unrest is being reported. As NBC News and others are noting, the catalyst for the renascent protests appears to be the burning down of a Michael Brown memorial in Ferguson:

Ferguson Unrest Resumes After Michael Brown Memorial Burns Down - Yahoo News
I can see why this would be upsetting but I don't see why they would start this again before they even know for sure what happened. This could have very well been a accident because of all of the candles. Even if it wasn't it could have been some local idiot, nothing to do with police, that wanted to flame the situation and if that is it they got what they wanted.

Thoughts?

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
That is so stupid to blame the police for a fire they already started with all those candles. Probaly one of the candles fell over and started the fire. But no. The first thing they do is blame the police? Thats really weird!
Well maybe they just wanted a excuse to start another riot and do some more looting. Imo they should order the army to guard the perimeter and not let anyone in or out of that region. Its a effing war zone!

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I felt it was just an excuse to start some crap, not that I don't sympathize with them if Wilson is guilty. Cops shouldn't get away with murder. However their reaction is over the top for something that could very well have been a accident. Its just going to hurt their neighborhood and them in the long run. I would never rebuild my business there.