• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Michael Bay Rebooting Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
Clearly not content with wrecking just one childhood cartoon, the Transformers directer has set his sights on the TMNT universe.

Michael Bay | Michael Bay's Turtles Remake | Contactmusic

Now I'll be the first to admit that despite some awful plotting there is entertainment to be found in the Transformers films. The trailer for the new one even looks... dare I say good?

But the Turtles? Come on Bay! I can't even imagine how his bombastic over the top style will hinder a half-shell comeback. If the Turtles are coming back to the screen it needs to have a darker tone than any other previous attempt but I can't see that happening.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Wait, wasn't there already a reboot? With the TMNT film, and the recent cartoons?

So Mr. Bay's re-rebooting the series...a bit redundant, isn't it?

BrinkOfExistence

Registered Member
2012 is just gonna be full of reboots.

I stopped being a TMNT fan when i was about 8 so i'm not that excited about this new film. I think he should reboot power rangers instead he's already got the huge transforming robots mastered.

Stegosaurus

Registered Member
@Brink: I totally agree with you about Power Rangers! It would lend itself to Bay's style quite naturally. I'm curious and I'll give films a chance, so I'd check this TMNT out just for kicks.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wish it wasn't Michael Bay doing it but I am happy someone is to be honest.

I'll be at theatre watching it for sure, haha

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think this could actually be good. Yes, Michael Bay can be over the top some times with the explosions and such, but I do believe he'd be good for the franchise, which hasn't be any good for a really long time.

BrinkOfExistence

Registered Member
I think this could actually be good. Yes, Michael Bay can be over the top some times with the explosions and such, but I do believe he'd be good for the franchise, which hasn't be any good for a really long time.
You make that sound like a bad thing. You can never be over top with explosions as long as they look good.

Viazon

Registered Member
Im not sure what to think about this. Turtles were probably my favourite show to watch as a kid and this will actually be the first time something from my childhood will be updated to be made into a modern movie.

I know people really dislike Bay but in all fairness, I dont believe he is terrible. Sure, he uses a lot of action in his movies, but different directors have different genres and there is nothing wrong with that. He likes action. Someone has to do it. They may not be the best films in the world but they can certainly be enjoyable and I have enjoyed a lot of his movies, including The Transformers.

I am a bit weary of this but still looking forward to in none the less as it could very well be quite decent.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I'll bite.

Personally I really liked the Transformers trilogy. I didnt feel I was ever really let down with it, Bay took a modest concept and made it huge.... and hugely successful at that. If he can reboot the Turtles in that form, bring it, i'll bite.

However I do agree that the best TMNT came with those 90's versions. Where it had a somewhat dark done for that age. So a Darker tone nowadays, just a little brighter than the Dark Knight but still darker than any of these Marvel films... and its a gold mine.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I'll watch it.

I like Michael Bay for the most part, although I didn't particular like Dark Side of the Moon at all. I didn't find it as good as the first 2.