Miami Talking Maggette Trade With Clippers?

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Miami Herald -
    According to a league source, the Heat have been in contact with the Clippers about a possible trade for swingman Corey Maggette.

Maggette has been on the trading block since last season, and the Heat have players that are in a similar salary range to Maggette, including James Posey and Antoine Walker.

Maggette is under contract through next season with a player option for the 2008-09 season

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...1/miami_talking_maggette_trade_with_clippers/

2. HitBattousai

HitBattousai Guest

To be honest, I don't like this trade for either team. The Heat get a good scorer/slasher off the bench in Maggette, but they lose a good clubhouse/3pt/defense guy in Posey and though I'm not a big Walker fan, losing him as well might disrupt any chance of the Heat regaining their championship chemistry. Plus Maggette cannot shoot threes well or make good entry passes to Shaq if his career with the Clippers is any indication. On the Clippers' side, they essentially get a declining Walker replacing Maggette as their key bench scorer(poor trade-off), Posey, and similarly the team/they may have trouble acclimating to each other.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I believe the Clippers would win this trade because they get a good defender in Posey, arguably the best defender on that team, with Shaq and D Wade playing together they get mostly all the shots. Also I think they should just make Dorrell Wright play more minutes, that guy is going to be a stud in this league.