• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Mexico’s well-armed ‘New Generation’ cartel

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Raw Story said:
The well-armed gang took its operation to a new level on April 6 when it surprised a Jalisco state police convoy, gunning down 15 officers in the deadliest single day for Mexico’s security forces in years of a bloody drug war.

Officials say the Jalisco cartel has grown so powerful that it has produced its own assault rifles in makeshift gun assembly shops. The gang has even recruited military deserters, including foreign ones.
Mexico’s well-armed ‘New Generation’ cartel takes police head-on

Dang, making their guns themselves now. I feel sorry for anyone that has to put up with this. Have to say I'm happy we are helping them with money, training and intelligence.

Wonder if any of these foreign fighters are from ISIS? Maybe there is a ISIS camp in Mexico.

Thoughts?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wish the government and President Nieto luck on ridding the country of these cartels and their corrupt politicians. At least they captured one cartel leader.

I can't even imagine what it would be like to be an average citizen and live with this. It has to be scary for the police and government too. They will kill them.

Raw Story said:
Gunfights broke out and vehicles were set ablaze on Friday in one of Mexico’s biggest cities along the U.S. border, after security forces arrested a leader of one of the main drug gangs in the area.
Gunfights and roadblocks rock Mexican city of Reynosa on U.S. border

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
This was all over our newspapers. I live in McAllen Texas, 10 miles from the border of Hidalgo and Reynosa. I'll provide a link on Monday. There is some spillover violence here. It's getting really scary around here.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
This was all over our newspapers. I live in McAllen Texas, 10 miles from the border of Hidalgo and Reynosa. I'll provide a link on Monday. There is some spillover violence here. It's getting really scary around here.
I wouldn't want to live that close to the violence. When it does come across the border the police should step in and try to stop it.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sounds like the attack came "Fast and Furious".
They don't need Fast And Furious to get guns. In the OP article they said they are making them themselves now.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Not surprising though. I mean, its good to fight the influx of drugs and what not, and the cartels are a major problem. Its not surprising that the cartels are fighting back in such a way. It was always going to be a bloody battle.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I hope its not always like this. I hope at some point the Mexican authorities get a handle on it.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Since, with our help, the cartels are prospering so well, perhaps unemployed illegals in the US might want to cross back and work in the coke fields. We've provided them guns. Now we can provide them manpower.

- Cham