• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Mexican president flies to China amid protests

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Mexico’s president flew Sunday on a six-day trip to China and Australia despite violent protests over the suspected massacre of 43 college students by a gang in league with corrupt police.

Mexican president flies to China amid protests over suspected massacre
Has anyone been keeping up with what is going on in Mexico? If you have then you know all hell has been breaking loose down there sparked by the murdered college students. It is said they were arrested by police and turned over to a gang to be murdered all because a mayor was afraid they would interrupt a speech being given by his wife.

Thankfully this mayor, cops and gang members have been arrested.

The people are fed up with the drug gangs, murder and corruption. I can't blame them either. The people of Mexico deserve better than this. I wish this would be a wake up call to the government.

I think this is just about the worst time for a president to be making a trip. He needs to stay home and take care of problems plaguing Mexico before he ends up with a revolution on his hands.

Thoughts?

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
When visiting Mexico, the question to ask is "How far is the nearest cartel?"

Mexico has been drug-ville for ages and there's no signs that the government there (or the little part of it that isn't owned by the cartels) has the resources needed to change the situation. Major parts of the country are just festering sores, leaking pus in the form of cocaine into other countries. I see no hope for Mexico in the near or even fairly distant future unless the US and/or other countries basically declare full scale war on Mexico's drug cartels. I think they've got other priorities right now with ISIS and other extremist groups, so Mexico will be left to fester and ooze. However unfortunate it is for the people of Mexico, it is arguably worse for the countless casualties of the cartels' primary market in other countries, particularly the US. Drug addiction is the disease they're spreading and stamping out the source is the only cure.

- Cham

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Vigilantes are growing in Mexico over the drug cartel's and corrupt politicians. The people may make a difference in thinning out the cartels. They have had it with the murders and police/politicians on the take from the cartels. In the past years so many have been murdered by these people it astounding. I hope they can take back their country.

I don't think a military invasion is the right answer to this problem. I think Mexico has to do something about it. Offer assistance but it is really up to them. Would help if we could stop them from bringing the cocaine here to be sold. The money is what makes them powerful and keeps them powerful.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
I beg to differ regarding an invasion. What the president of Mexico needs to do is ask other nations for help and to open Mexico's boarders to the kinds of hardware needed to quash the very well armed cartels nested there. Ultimately a case could be made for economic benefit, consider the cost to national economies, particularly the American economy of cocaine addiction and drug enforcement long term. The people of Mexico don't have the financial resources of the cartels and would suffer extreme losses attempting to go head to head.

- Cham

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Just wow! I never knew Mexico was that messed up. What they really need to do is to work with the US military to slam the cartels and to learn which government officials are being paid off. Thats probaly the only way that Mexico will ever have any peace. Also the drugs and the cartels need to be stopped before they even reach Mexico.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree the people of Mexico don't have the money the cartels do but they have one thing the cartels don't, their deep seeded hatred of the cartels. Hate can carry a movement a long ways and it seems to be doing so. Will it completely wipe out the cartels, probably not the US would have to legalize cocaine and marijuana to do that, but I bet they put a big dent in them. I do wish them success on this endeavor.

Mexico could be such a great country if it wasn't for the cartels and corruption.

Mexico Vigilantes 'Charge' 53 Prisoners

Vigilantism on the Rise in Mexico « Dvorak News Blog

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Just wow! I never knew Mexico was that messed up. What they really need to do is to work with the US military to slam the cartels and to learn which government officials are being paid off. Thats probably the only way that Mexico will ever have any peace. Also the drugs and the cartels need to be stopped before they even reach Mexico.
The cartels and drugs in Mexico are home grown. Cocaine is the countries biggest export. The fact that vigilantism is running rampant demonstrates that the government has already waited way top long to seek help. Before you know it armed Mexicans on boats will be commandeering shipping vessels like what's happening off the coast of Sudan. The situation was bad over 30 years ago and has gotten progressively worse ever since. Mexico used to make a strong effort to keep parts of it's country safe and cartel free in order to attract tourists, but the wildfires of corruption have grown too out of control and now no place is safe, certainly not for foreign gringos with American money in their pockets. That's not to say thousand of wantonly naive tourists still don't visit Mexico's tourists hotspots. It's going to take a few more massacres before they'll wise up. Vacationing in Mexico is like vacationing on the rim of an active volcano.

- Cham