Mexican Night!

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by Viggenstien, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Viggenstien

Viggenstien Registered Member

My Mother and I want to do a Mexican night sometime next week. Any ideas of recipes that I should look up? I mean, what would be the essentials? Anything you've created that you think would be a good addition? Let me know!

2. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Burritos of course! You shouldn't have a Mexican night without those.

3. Viggenstien

Well duuuuh. Haha! What I'm wondering is, is there anything that most people don't do that would be fun to make? I should have specified that.

4. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

Every night was Mexican night at my house growing up:)

I would suggest enchiladas or carne guisada with rice and beans. Both are relatively easy to make.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  5. Viggenstien

Hmm... I shall look those two recipes up then. Of course... I know enchiladas and damn are thye delicious. :D

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

mexican night makes me think of chili con carne, tacos (host of toppings available), and margarita :shifteyes:

7. Viggenstien

Well tequila will most certainly be involved. How could it not be?

8. Dav1t

Dav1t Registered Member

Vigg you need to let me know how this went I am planning a Mexican night for my birthday in March./

9. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Get yourself some bagged cheese. I use the "fiesta blend" or "colby jack." Buy the tortillas with the bubbles in them. They come in flavors like sun-dried tomato and jalapeno cheddar. Cut up some raw chicken breast (or steak, or none) and season to taste and cook it in a pan. Add vegetables to taste --I use green peppers, mushrooms, and red peppers. Put it all in the tortilla, to taste, with the cheese and fold it over.

Bingo. Scuba Steve's chicken quesadilla.