Game Cube Metroid Prime

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by dDave, Feb 2, 2008.

1. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Well some of you know that I used to play metroid prime to some extent, until my gamecube memory card got formatted.

Can anybody tell me if this game is worth playing all the way through? I got to magmoor caverns and got bored with the game and quit playing it, is this a good game to go for? Is it absolutely ridiculous that I got bored?

I wasn't really all that good at the game and didn't really fully understand the concept of the game, I like it better than Halo though.

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Is it worth playing all the way through? Are you serious? YES! It's easily one of the best games ever made.

My first time playing I got bored right around Magmoor Caverns too. The backtracking bugged me and I gave up on it. But then I gave it another try a year later and finished the game and I fell in love. It definitely gets better as you go.

I've beaten the game well over 10 times since then. First I wanted to go back and finish with 100%. Then I wanted to beat it on hard mode, which is very difficult (particularly a couple of the boss fights). Then I did a couple speed runs. And then I got into sequence breaking, which is using tricks to get items out of order, taking shortcuts, etc.

3. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I'll probably never be serious enough about it to ever play it 10 times, but I'll give it another shot one of these days when I'm closer to being done with Zelda.

The thing that really annoys me is having to scan everything, and losing all of your upgrades is pretty annoying too but I kind of remember how to get most of them back that I had back.

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I was annoyed with the scanning at first too until I realized there were very few things that you HAD to scan. Most of the stuff was optional and just helped explain the story. The only mandatory scans are the lifts/elevators and some switches to unlock doors.

What fun would the game be if you didn't have to get any upgrades? Sure, you lose all the ones you start with, but you get most of them back right near the beginning, like missiles, morph ball, bombs, charge beam, etc. The game really starts getting fun when you start collecting new beams.

5. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

The new beams help out for sure. It was the mask upgrades that annoyed the piss out of me.

The game is fun, though, and easily worth playing through at least once to see how it ends/get the story/blah blah.

6. WiigamerCRO

WiigamerCRO Registered Member

Yes it is its probabbly best FPS for GC and if you have enough money buy Metroid Prime 2:Echoes too

Last edited: May 17, 2008
  7. ShadowWolf

ShadowWolf Registered Member

Yes it is. You would want to fill that glorly of killing that last annoying boss right?