Game Cube Metroid Prime: Round 2

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by dDave, Apr 25, 2010.

1. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

So I tried this back in '08 only to have the failure of not completing the game. :lol:

Recently because of some convincing from Echoes, I decided that I'm gonna take up Metroid Prime again and really do it this time.

I've made some pretty good progress so far in the game. And I will agree that it's loads of fun.

Here's what I have so far.

-Space Jump Boots

-Morph Ball
    -Spider Ball
    -Boost Ball
    -Morph Ball bombs

-Power Beam
    -Charge Beam

-Wave Beam

-Missile Launcher
    -Super Missile
    -WaveBuster
    -75 Missile Capacity

-Combat Visor
    -Scan Visor
    -Thermal Visor

-Combat Suit
    -Varia Suit
    -5 Energy Tanks

I feel as if I'm making pretty good progress in the game.

But from what I hear the game has these ruins in it that you're supposed to collect, but I haven't found any of them yet. So hopefully I'll be able to find those.

I've probably explored Chozo Ruins and Phendrana drifts the most, I don't really like Magmoor Caverns, Tallon Overworld, and I haven't been to Phazon Mines yet.

I do need to find that stupid Grappling Beam though, I started the game with it but am yet to find it.

I should finish this game soon, shouldn't be way too difficult since I'm not playing on hard mode or anything.

This game does get a lot more fun after you get the wave beam though.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
    Major likes this.

2. Sigurd

Sigurd Internet Dig Dug

Yeah I played this a few months ago, and if by those ruins you mean the Chozo artifacts you need those to trigger the final two boss fights.

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Oh, you got spider ball finally? Nice. Thardus is a fun boss. The boss fights in this game are so epic and long. You're probably about a third of the way through the game. It keeps getting better and better from here.

You might find one or two of the artifacts, but don't worry about looking for all of them yet. You don't need them until the end.

4. dDave

Only a third of the way through?

:lol: I've been playing for 7 hours elapsed don't tell me that!

At least I'm enjoying myself. :nod:

Really the only flaw with this game is the lack of dual joysticks, I still find myself trying to use the C-stick to turn. Other than that though the controls are flawless, and on top of that much better mapped out than most games I've played.

5. Major

According to my speed runs the spider ball is about a third of the way. I got it with a little under an hour on the game clock. You've probably explored way more than a third of the world though.

I actually love the controls. I like dual stick shooters, but I think the single stick works perfectly for this game since it's as much of a platformer/adventure game as a shooter. You don't really need the other stick because of the lock-on targeting system, allowing you to move and shoot your target at the same time.

6. dDave

Well I found my way into the impact crater and found the Artifact of Truth.

I'm kind of stuck as to where to go next though.

There are a few places in Chozo Ruins that I haven't explored yet such as the magma pool because I don't have the grappling beam, and something on the map telling me that I need to go there because there's an irregularly low temperature but I need the ice beam to get there.

I think I've also been to most of Magmoor Caverns now and Phendrana drifts.

Anybody know what I'm supposed to get next? Is it really obvious and I'm just missing something?

7. Sigurd

Sigurd Internet Dig Dug

I don't know if you did this when you went to the impact crater, but if you scan the various chozo statues on the outside, you will get hints as to where all the artifacts are.

8. dDave

I have the hint system turned on so it told me to.

Echoes said that I don't need to concentrate on finding the artifacts right now though.

What I think I'm trying to find is the next upgrade.

This game is a pretty huge puzzle.

9. Sigurd

Sigurd Internet Dig Dug

Alright, just wanted to point that out though in case if you didn't know.

The next two upgrades I can honestly remember getting were the Gravity Suit and the Ice beam. With the Ice beam being in the Chozo ruins if I recall. The gravity Suit I cannot remember for the love of god.

10. Major

I'm pretty sure you need to get the ice beam next, and then the gravity suit.

The ice beam is in Chozo Ruins. Remember where you got the morph ball bombs? I think the room is called Burn Dome or something. Well in the room before that there's a security door, which you may or may not have unlocked after you got the bombs. Go through that door and through a curvy hallway which takes you into a room called Furnace, where you'll find a spider ball track. Proceed through several more rooms after that to find the ice beam.

After that, you need to go to Phendrana for the grav suit. Just look for ice beam doors that you haven't been through.