• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Wii metroid prime 3

JjCrazyboy

Registered Member
I played this metroid game and fun the controls fun and interesting. For some reason I never really enjoyed metroid prime even though I owned it. I played it about half way through and lost interstet. But i do like how the controls are set up and am hoping for a good fps online multiplayer son.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Will Prime 3 have online multiplayer? That would be ridiculous.

I'm a fairly big fan of the more modern Metroid games, and I've been looking forward to the new control scheme for Prime 3 and the game play aspects that they can add to it.

JjCrazyboy

Registered Member
there is no multiplayer at all. Which is a big dissapointment to me. Yet the control scheme is really fresh and new and makes the game enjoyable. This game is not my taste but I do enjoy the way it controls and am looking for a good multiplayer game that has good controls to come out soon.

dDave

V.I.P.
I almost beat the first game but got fed up with how much running around you had to do, and just how hard some things were to figure out. I never played the second game, but I heard it was good. I have a friend who got to 110% because he looked up a glitch online. The third game should be pretty good, because Metroid prime has always had a good reputation. Anybody planning on getting the third game?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
For some reason I never really enjoyed metroid prime even though I owned it. I played it about half way through and lost interstet.
I almost beat the first game but got fed up with how much running around you had to do, and just how hard some things were to figure out. I never played the second game, but I heard it was good.
I had the same problem you guys did. I got maybe a little less than halfway through the game, and while I enjoyed it for the most part, I got tired of the tedious backtracking and scanning objects and quickly lost interest. Probably went a year before playing it again, but I started over and beat the game. I enjoyed it so much I beat it again, this time with 100% items and 100% scans. It quickly became my favorite game ever, and I've probably beaten it at least 15 times now.

Prime 2 wasn't quite as good, but it's still a fun game. It's a little more difficult than Prime. There are a lot of awesome morph ball puzzles and boss fights.

I haven't had the chance to play Prime 3 yet. I've heard it's better than 2, not quite as good as the original. If I ever get a Wii, it'll be the first game I buy.

Psyco

Food Whore
Prime 3 is a lot of fun, and it works out REALLY well with the Wii's controls. I haven't played much though, *cry*, but my roommate beat it in like 3 days, with 96%. I'll eventually get around to finishing it up.

I've never personally played Prime or Prime 2, I figure i'll get them eventually/borrow them from someone.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm interested now. I played the first Prime for GameCube and honestly didn't give it much of a chance. I played the first level and quickly decided I was not a fan of the gameplay style.

Did it change much from 1 to 2, and for those of you who have played all three, how does the Wii version compare to the others?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'm interested now. I played the first Prime for GameCube and honestly didn't give it much of a chance. I played the first level and quickly decided I was not a fan of the gameplay style.

Did it change much from 1 to 2, and for those of you who have played all three, how does the Wii version compare to the others?
Definitely give Prime another chance. The first area is basically just a tutorial and isn't very fun. The game gets better and better as you go along.

Prime 2 has the same exact controls and gameplay that Prime has. There are a lot of new weapons and upgrades. The puzzles are more complex and the game is probably a little more difficult. But it's also more linear than Prime.

JjCrazyboy

Registered Member
To be honest I played a lot of the first one and got bored with it. It is too much exploration and I just didnt enjoy it very much. I cannot really figurd out why.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
the exploration and backtracking has been a staple of the series since its beginning, (sans fusion though) its one of the reasons I like the series. I never played prime 2

Prime 3 though is excellent. I like the new controls, I hated the whole control scheme in the orinial prime. Tough puzzles and boss battles