• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
So, is anyone going to be getting the new Metal Gear Solid game? I got it yesterday and so far it's excellent which is no surprise for those that have played Hideo Kojima's series. I may not get far into it until tomorrow night but I can tell from the way it's directed that this will be a masterpiece.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I've never played a Metal Gear game before. I have a general dislike for Hideo Kojima, but I also know my personal dislike towards him shouldn't stop me from playing games that hundreds of different people worked on.

So a while ago I bought the MGS collection box set on PS3 to give some of the games a go. I haven't had a chance to play them yet but hopefully I will start it soon.

This is the one I bought: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/05/17/metal-gear-solid-the-legacy-collection-hits-ps3-july-9th/

I think it has every game up until MGS 4.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I got it. I like it for the most part. The gameplay is buttery goodness but the story isn't my cup of tea. I'll stick with it as long as I can... but I can't say for sure if I'll beat it or not. I see some people have already put 60 hours into it. Yikes. Haha.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Why is that?
His attitude towards women just generally creeps me out. He comes off as being an old perverted man, especially on twitter. Many people have noticed this, and there's a lot of articles on the internet about how concerning his relationship seems to be towards women, and how that often reflects in his game.

I know that being a perverted old creep doesn't necessarily stop you from being good at making games though, I'm sure he is good at it, it's just that other fact always makes me want to push his games further back in my "to play" list.

For some examples:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art...extra-punctuation/8079-Hideo-Kojima-and-Women

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming...-for-not-appreciating-hideo-kojimas-misogyny/

Konshentz

Konshentz
Ah, okay. Yeah, I don't know a whole lot about him or read much of what he says. I haven't even played that many of his games. The one I was most looking forward to actually got cancelled. Haha.

I've actually made it a ways further in this (Mission 12: Hellbound) and it's definitely growing on me. There's still things that pop on in the story that make me roll my eyes. But the gameplay is still awesome, some of the best stealth I've ever played (even though I'm awful at it) and the boss fight I just had was a lot of fun.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Yeah it's a shame about PT. I never played it but I watched enough on youtube to scare the pants off me.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Yeah it's a shame about PT. I never played it but I watched enough on youtube to scare the pants off me.
I hear that there's a radio broadcast somewhere in MGSV that has the radio broadcast from PT in it, super creepy Easter Egg.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
That's clever, I love easter eggs like that. I love just stumbling across them in games when you had no idea it was there.